We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Car Thief goes through level crossing!

Portal11

Likes # 0

I just hope they caught the idiot!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-13094294

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

It would seem that they did catch him as the report says he was jailed for 3 and a half years.

Like this post
proudfoot

Likes # 0

He was an idiot, all criminals are, it is a pity he wasn't hit and survived. It might have scared him and made him think in future. The three and a half years he got in HM Holiday Camp means he will be out in 18 months and back to his old tricks.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

The poor guy who finally gave in to his disabled wife's pleas to help her to die, and is now a convicted criminal may have been wrong, or misguided, but an idiot?

A victim more like.

Like this post
Kevscar1

Likes # 0

st-clares He was an idiot, all criminals are,

If that it true please explain all the unsolved murders and big heists.

Like this post
OTT_B

Likes # 0

Kevscar

"st-clares He was an idiot, all criminals are,

If that it true please explain all the unsolved murders and big heists."

Isn't someone only a criminal once convicted by a court?

Like this post
D@ve

Likes # 0

OTT_B

"Isn't someone only a criminal once convicted by a court?"

No.

Like this post
proudfoot

Likes # 0

A criminal is someone who commits an act that has been passed by parliament.

Almost all serious crime is detected and the perpetrator sentenced, unfortunately for those of us who are generally good citizens suffer the consequences of inadequate sentencing.

So many criminals have a slapped wrist sentence and go on to commit more serious crimes.

It would appear from the previous 4 posts he is a hero when in fact he is a menace.

I don't think they would take that attitude if he had had a collision with their car caused serious injury or death.

Most criminals along with too many other people think vehicle insurance is for others not them. If they get caught the fine is so paltry it wouldn't get them third party cover.

The same applies to all other criminal acts, "I want it and I will get it and I don't care how much pain and stress I cause".

Like this post
spider9

Likes # 0

St-clares "A criminal is someone who commits an act that has been passed by parliament."

Not exactly sure that statement quite sums it up!!

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

How is expressing sympathy for an old man who carried out his seriously ill wife's last wishes seen as making a car thief a hero?

Like this post
proudfoot

Likes # 0

Morddwyd I apologise, I did not completely comprehend the point you were making, but as much as I tend to agree with you in this instance and sympathise with the situation he faced and also the dilemma he was in.

I also have been in a similar situation with a close relative and at the end was praying she would pass away quickly. Fortunately the end was swift. Sadly he contravened statuary legislation.

I tend agree there is a case to be made for carefully worded legislation for terminally ill people to be able to have their wishes carried out under very strict supervision.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Netflix to introduce price increase: New subcribers to start with

IDG UK Sites

Apple financial results: iPhones, iPads & Macs sales for Apple's Q2 2014, plus shares to split

IDG UK Sites

Twitter - not news

IDG UK Sites

See Moo Studios' new animated advert for Blue Moon beer