We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Man Flu

OTT_B

Likes # 0

For the umpteenth time in the last few months, I'm once again feeling ill. It seems that my kids don't go out to play, they go out to find new and exotic flu and cold variants, designed specifically to test immune system!

So come on then, what are the best ways to alleviate the symptoms of man flu?

Like this post
lucky1

Likes # 0

Have a hot toddie (or two), head immediately to bed, and refuse to get up for any reason (except the loo), until you feel completely well.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

I second the suggestion by lucky1, but being teetotal the flu jab every year seems to ease any flu problems that I have.

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

See if any of your friends have been to Thailand and brought back some Tiffy-Fu. Take a couple of tablets and go to bed, you'll be a lot better in the morning. Nearest thing to a miracle cure I have ever found.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

In our household, children have 24 hour bug. Three days later I get 48 hour bug. Children get heavy cold - I get the flu. Lady of the house gets nothing. Seems totally immune. I'm glad in a way but can't help thinking.. 'why me?'.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

"what are the best ways to alleviate the symptoms of man flu?"

Lots of TLC from nubile young ladies, and I'm sorry if that is sexist, but I'm one of those old fashioned people who believe that attractive young ladies are good to look at.

Like this post
al's left peg

Likes # 0

OTT_B

sounds like your immune system is not at it's best. Depending on your age I would recommend getting the next flu jab available. Also look at your lifestyle, regarding sleep and diet as you will not give your immune system time to rebuild itself if your not getting enough rest.

I had an awful flu episode at the end of last year and have never been as ill in my life with it and still felt washed out after 2 weeks.

I hope you are feeling better soon.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

what are the best ways to alleviate the symptoms of man flu?

If you find out, let me know, would you?

I'm about to die, although my wife says she has had worse without making such a fuss. A while ago I had the flu jab for the first time in my life - boo-hoo it's not fair.

Like this post
Mr Mistoffelees

Likes # 0

Since my doctor diagnosed severe depression and stopped me working 115 months ago I have not had a single cold.

It seems mentle illness can have it's benefits!

Like this post
Mr Mistoffelees

Likes # 0

Errata

That should be 15 months and mental illness.

Like this post
GJC60

Likes # 0

Last time I had flu was 1970 never had it since. Doc keeps sending me letters to have flu jab but every one i know thats had it has felt rough for about a week after so have never bothered to have one.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5 comparison review: Samsung's best ever smartphones...

IDG UK Sites

Nostalgia time: Top 10 best selling mobile phones in history

IDG UK Sites

How Ford designs next-generation cars at its Melbourne Design Centre

IDG UK Sites

Apple 15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina review and the mystery of the processor benchmarks