We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Banks ...grr

wiz-king
Resolved

Likes # 0

Barclay's bank don't want my money! I tried to open an on-line account last week, filled in the form on-line, printed it and sent it back by post with a cheque. Now they want me to go to my local branch with a photo-id but I don't have one and I work when they are open. So they will have to send my cheque back and I will go elsewhere.

So much for their on-line banking!

I will stick with the bank I have got, I have managed to do all my banking including house purchase without ever going into a bank branch for the last 40 years I dont see why I have to go into one now.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

It's not Barclays fault. You would have found this with any bank, building society etc. It is all to with the money laundering regulations which state that to open an account you have to provide id.

Like this post
whtdsob

Likes # 0

This is standard with all banks now. It is to cut down on fraud.

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

But I dont have any photo-id, I have never had anything with a photo on except a passport in the early 60's and I have changed a bit since then!

Like this post
whtdsob

Likes # 0

Then you may be able to apply for a basic bank account

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Do you have a full paper diving licence?Barclays Bank Account Identification requirements

See the number to ring if you cannot provide the required forms.

Like this post
Housten

Likes # 0

M wife and I are with RBS, but not for much longer!! We do not accept that spaniards should be in charge/control or whatever of our money. Yes we know what people say about Britons, probobaly being in charge of branches, BUT it is still spaniards in overall control and look at the number of times they have said 'we will improve' and have they? NO

Like this post
Mr Mistoffelees

Likes # 0

wiz-king,

would you rather that Barclays did not take account security seriously?

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

Woolwell I do not have a current passport - it expired 30 years ago, I do not have a driving licence, or a nationality card.

I can provide utilty bills - if they will except ones from my computer as all utilitys are now online!

Like this post
spider9

Likes # 0

Pity the government dropped the compulsory ID cards, as there would have been no problem for you, then! (:-0)

Like this post
QuizMan

Likes # 0

Housten - I was not aware that the Spanish had control of RBS. I thought that only appplied to Santander (formerly Abbey)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback