We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Thread Navigation

Quickbeam

Likes # 1

navigating to the end of a thread now takes 5 stages (to reach page 10) including selecting the subject heading. This is a real bind!

I tried to post this on the FE's 'Do you like our new home' thread but gave up after a dozen tries.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 1

If you want to navigate to a page that's not listed in the navigation you can enter it into the address bar.

The page address for a thread beyond page 1 ends with ?ob=datea&pn=5 the number at the end is the page number, so change it to 10, 15, 205 or whatever

Like this post
Al94

Likes # 0

How do you know what the last page number is? Hardly a user friendly solution!

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

Just noticed the OB bit, you can change datea to voted to sort the thread by votes rather than date, but I'm not sure why you'd want to do this, because the posts will be out of order, and you're likely to get replies before questions have been asked - rather like the reverse of the Two Ronnies Mastermind sketch...

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

Al94

"How do you know what the last page number is? Hardly a user friendly solution!"

I didn't suggest it was a user friendly solution, just a workaround until FE and his umpa lumpas sort out something more sensible.

Also, if you happen to know that you posted on page 8 last time you could leap straight to that page using my method

Like this post
James Hull

Likes # 0

This fix is coming. It was a slight UX oversight. Using alan14s solution you can also change the ob=dated to see posts ordered newest first. Nice little inside trick for you.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Rather than change the URL wouldn't it be neater to click on By date and reverse order lick clicking on top of an Excel list?

Like this post
alB

Likes # 0

Like Alan14, I can't see the point of the sort by "votes" option, unless I'm missing something ...alB

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Thanks for the first and last page posting buttons PCA, it makes thread navigation a trillion times easier:)

Like this post
Al94

Likes # 0

A simple "last page" button would have fixed that - amazing no one thought about it!

Like this post
Bingalau

Likes # 0

If I want to go to page 4 or page 5, I just click on that number and up it comes. But I can see the need if there are perhaps eighteen or twenty pages.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...