We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

verandah improvement?

Aitchbee

Likes # 0

My big verandah 8m x 3m was recently changed from a beautiful tiled and level summer retreat into an uneven grey 'lunar landscape'.It has been finished in a liquid plastic product.My next door neighbour and I are not impressed by the total disregard of attention to detail. After talking to the boss of the company who did the job, remedial work commences tomorrow.I am hopeful that it all will be sorted out in the end. I am sure this web site will get it sorted out in the end too.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Hi there - verandah improvement update. The question of the water run-off has been resolved by channelling the rainwater down two new drainpipes.This is still in the construction phase. Today I bought 8 Artificial Grass Mats from Lidl at £5.99 each.It improves the look of the verandah - looks like a snooker table now!. Work continues.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

At least you won't get any dandelions growing there. ;)

Like this post
Graham.

Likes # 0

Can we see any photos?

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Graham.

Do we need to?

Just a thought.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Hello Graham and rdave13. Would love to set up my own website and put pictures on it (and other things too); this may become a reality soon. My best mate is a dab hand at creating websites.(over 30 years experience).I may be asking you to 'click here' sooner than you thought.

Like this post
HondaMan

Likes # 0

liked the old PCA site

Hear hear. I don't like this site at all now. It's far less easy to find your way around, it's not as fast.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Hello again - there maybee some changes afoot. Three officials from the local housing association came up to see state of the 'improved' verandah(s).They were not overly impressed - schnapps were taken. Meanwhile I have had to rescue about 100 little tomato and marigold seedlings from wind damage at the back of my flat in neighbour's garden area.Will start again tomoro with new seeds. Verandah is still a no grow area. Hey Ho. ( I don't usually say Hey Ho ).

Like this post
Graham.

Likes # 0

You can make quite a good website with Blogger

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Thanks Graham - will have a look.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"My best mate is a dab hand at creating websites.(over 30 years experience)."

That's remarkable, considering that the internet as we know it (World Wide Web) has only existed for twenty years. Back then there were only 50 known web servers on the planet.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Just graduated? Learn all you need to know to kickstart your career in our Creative Graduate Guide