We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

verandah improvement?

Aitchbee

Likes # 0

My big verandah 8m x 3m was recently changed from a beautiful tiled and level summer retreat into an uneven grey 'lunar landscape'.It has been finished in a liquid plastic product.My next door neighbour and I are not impressed by the total disregard of attention to detail. After talking to the boss of the company who did the job, remedial work commences tomorrow.I am hopeful that it all will be sorted out in the end. I am sure this web site will get it sorted out in the end too.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Forum Editor

Just goes to prove that we're not all clued up about internet history. Google seems to agree with you.

Funny old world.

Like this post
Graham.

Likes # 0

I was wondering who would spot that first. Well done, FE, you can now be inkwell monitor.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

you can now be inkwell monitor

I have one of those little white china inkwells on my desk. It came from my old Grammar School,and was given to me by an ex-girlfriend at a reunion dinner. She said 'I have something for you if you fancy coming outside' and of course I did - she pressed the inkwell into my hand, and said 'don't bother trying to fill it with blotting paper, I've beaten you to it'

Who said romance was dead?

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Forum Editor

Hmm...

" She said 'I have something for you if you fancy coming outside' and of course I did "... a man after my own heart!

Thinking about it ..aren't we all?

8-)

Like this post
flycatcher1

Likes # 0

FE. I did not have you down as a Grammar School Boy.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

flycatcher1

I was lucky, I went to a great school with some excellent teachers. One of them inspired me to take an interest in the English language which has lasted. I look back on those days with enormous pleasure, although at the time I didn't altogether take full advantage of the education that was on offer - too interested in girls and rock and roll.

Like this post
flycatcher1

Likes # 0

FE. I too went to a great Grammar School and I did not appreciate just how good it was until I left. I thought that, in view of your gypsy like existence, you would have attended a more permanent establishment.

I agree about the girls but Rock and Roll had not been invented and I got my fix from "Midnight in Munich" on the American Forces Network.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Forum Editor - ok I was pushing it a bit - my said friend has been in software design for over thirty years - he is 57 - maybee 20 years is more accurate. Look out.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Time has passed...my verandah(and my neighbour's) are still awaiting rectification repairs. The builders that did my verandah, are now doing an identical set up, 3 flats along the road.The good news is, I have not received a bill.Will keep you posted.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

If Glasgow Housing Association (GHA) decided to waver the costs (£400), I would be happy as Larry.But because I have not yet received a bill, it makes me think that they will do a modification, anyway, and get their money from me and my neighbour.I have not missed sitting out in the verandah, this year, as the weather has been a bit sombre.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

iPhone buying advice: Should I buy an iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, or iPhone 5c, or wait for7......