We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

verandah improvement?

Aitchbee

Likes # 0

My big verandah 8m x 3m was recently changed from a beautiful tiled and level summer retreat into an uneven grey 'lunar landscape'.It has been finished in a liquid plastic product.My next door neighbour and I are not impressed by the total disregard of attention to detail. After talking to the boss of the company who did the job, remedial work commences tomorrow.I am hopeful that it all will be sorted out in the end. I am sure this web site will get it sorted out in the end too.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Didn't you read the leaflet?

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

No leaflets. I am confident my verandah and PCA website will be sorted soon.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

AitchBEE

Good for you.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

What puzzles me about this

is why - if your verandah was "a beautiful tiled and level summer retreat" you had it treated with a liquid plastic product. Presumably there was a reason?

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

What puzzles me is why -

this isn't in Consumerwatch?

Like this post
spider9

Likes # 0

Do I sense a comparison between this 'verhanda' and PCA website?

The verhanda was OK, but it was decided to 'treat' it.

The PCA site was OK, but it was decided to 'treat' it.

Now they both have 'problems' that need attention.

Is this a moral tale? Only AitchBEE knows, presumably.

Like this post
carver

Likes # 0

AitchBEE The thing is you set about to try to improve some thing and it went slightly wrong but it can be sorted, unless you had tried you would never had known if it was worth it.

It's the same with this site and after a few tweaks it should be a vast improvement over the old one.

Hope your veranda gets sorted to how you imagined it would be.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Forum Editor - to fill you in with the details, my verandah was tiled with over 1500 5" x 5" x 1/2" terracotta tiles.About 100 tiles on the edge of the verandah were loose ( due to frost damage over the past five years or so.)The local housing association asked me if it was alright to do a repair involving the liquid plastic finish.The verandah is 1 up and overhangs the main entrance to the building so I reckoned that there was a safety issue concerning loose tiles.All of the tiles have now been removed and a 'decothane liquid plastic finish' has been applied. The look of the verandah is grey, uneven, the water run-off is non existant...my next door neighbour would give you a more colourful description!I have to fork out £400 pounds. But as I said, we have made our complaints known to the company involved and remedial work will start this week.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

spider9 - you are correct.I would not have posted this but the comparison was so obvious.I liked my old verandah and I liked the old PCA site.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

puzzled morddwyd - of course it could have been posted on Consumerwatch but that would also apply to all of the negative responses (answers) that have been aimed at the revamped PCA website.Is there a sit on the fence forum? Are we not consumers? Yes we are.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A better deal than the Z3 and most smartphones

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Framestore recreates ancient China for Mr Bean's martial arts misadventure

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests and more