We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

New Site

Clapton is God
Resolved

Likes # 0

Having logged in to the new site yesterday and simply closed my browser when I'd finished I'm rather surprised to find that I'm still logged in today.

With the 'old' site, closing my browser meant I was automatically logged out.

Why the change (which I don't like)?

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Nothing more annoying than having to log in each time you visit the site!

Like this post
Clapton is God

Likes # 0

morddwyd

And for some of us it's even more annoying to find you're STILL logged in several hours (or even days) after closing your browser and switching off your PC.

Like this post
al's left peg

Likes # 0

Can't really see the problem of being constantly logged in. I think I have been logged in for about 4 years now and it has not caused me any problems.

Once you tick resolved on your thread, you will stop receiving emails, that's the way it has operated on any thread I have started.

I like the new site and have not encountered any problems regarding speed, I am using MAC OSX 10.6 by the way.

Well done to the PC Advisor team for the revamp.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

Clapton is God

AS FE said, you're not permanently logged in, but a cookie stored in your browser stores your username and password on your PC, so that each time you visit the site you're logged in automatically.

If you set your browser to delete cookies, or run Crap Cleaner, then you'll find you have to log in again next time you visit.

what hardware are you running, because I find the new site faster than the old one...

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

"If you set your browser to delete cookies, or run Crap Cleaner, then you'll find you have to log in again next time you visit."

You can of course tell CC not to delete specific cookies.

Like this post
donki

Likes # 0

Site speed is fine for me, I was always "logged in" on the older site so no difference there. I am not a big fan of the new look but I guess thats just because its changed, like everything else I will get used to it.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

BT

yes i know - but the OP seems to want to log in each time, so the cookie has to go...

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

If you're using IE8 then you can get the cookies deleted everytime you close the browser Tools - Internet Options - Check the box - delete browsing history on exit and then in settings make sure that only cookies is set and if PCA in you favorites list untick preserve favorites etc.

You can also set Firefox to delete cookies on exit Firefox cookies clear

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

*"I now receive an e-mail whenever someone replies to my threads. There used to be an option to opt out of that. Where is that option in the new site?"*

There is one in the notification email. A link to click on to Unsubscribe to that thread.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review: Great if you like big, expensive phones

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

This Grolsch ad combines stop-motion & CG for majestic results

IDG UK Sites

Apple rumours and predictions for 2015: What to expect from Apple in 2015