We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Identification Longshot/Talking Point 443

Brumas
Resolved

Likes # 0

Try as I may, I could not get onto the site last night, so I shall post tonight at 21:00hrs, as I am busy all day. Thanks for all the concern.

Like this post
Bingalau

Likes # 0

We are all having difficulty with minor items. In spite of advice given I still can't find out how to green tick a thread. Having to enter tag words doesn't mean a thing to me either. The bit below this window saying "Tick here if you would like to subscribe to replies to this question" also means just a lot of jumbo to me. But then I always was thick.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Thanks for the information. Now how about just giving us a nice easy one just now so that we know you have it working ok. Oops busy all day so probably not.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Bingalau tick the last tick on the right hand side and it will turn green. leave it like that and that's how it is done.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

"I shall post tonight at 21:00hrs" That'll make it even harder wot with the picture being another 24 hours older.

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

Quickbeam Wassup, you’ll be 24 hours older and wiser ;o}}

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 2

Tag words

Imagine you're doing a search on Google - enter a couple of words (or more) that could be used by someone searching the site for your thread. "Identification longshot 443" for instance

Subscribe to emails

There's a tick in the box by default, which means that unless you remove it you'll get an email each time someone posts to the thread. We're going to change that, so the box will be blank by default. You'll need to opt in if you want email notifications.

Green tick

Select the correct answer and click on the tick that appears alongside.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

That's interesting, I thought it was just PCA staff posters that had their posts highlighted in a different colour, but it looks to be the post's author that gets highlighted.

Like this post
uk-wizard

Likes # 0

Quickbeam Yup and it appears at the top of each page.

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

I will try out the green-ticking process in preparation for later on tonight :o}

Like this post  
Pineman100

Likes # 0

Congrats, Brumas! You obviously have the technology mastered!

;o)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

The 13 most inspirational Tim Cook quotes