We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Here's whats wrong with the new site

WhiteTruckMan

Likes # 0

http://tinyurl.com/64rv7qt

Bear this in mind the next time you get an exception instead of the site:)

WTM

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

rdave13

Before you start to type, click on the 'B' icon. Delete the words 'strong text' from between the pairs of stars, and type what ever you want to have as a heading to your post.

It will appear in Bold in the preview box below. What you see in that box is what will appear in the thread when you click the 'Post' button.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Testing. link is shorter

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Trying for the fifth time to reply.

Thanks FE. I'd already typed the reply then decided to put the header in but fluffed it.

Lotvic, seems that shortening the link's url to fit in a single line in the reply box, stops the '500' error page.

Like this post
VCR97

Likes # 0

Don't know if this is the right place for this: I have tried clicking on all the links in the "TOP FIVE MOST POPULAR" section at the RHS of the page. With every attempt I get " Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete". Retrying produces the same result.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

VCR97

Works OK for me in IE9.

Like this post
ella33

Likes # 0

I haven't been bold enough to try the hyperlink yet, though I think it looks similar to the Hotmail hyperlink. My question is does everyone need to use the back arrow on their toolbar to return to the thread after reading the link? Or is there another way? (ordinary Windows here, if that makes any difference)

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

ella33

Try using the wheel on the mouse to click on the link or right click and select 'open in a new tab'.

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

It used to be so easy to post a link, now its a pain. Got to shorten long URLs or you get an exception error.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

BT

You're right about the link problem, I've experienced the same thing with a long url. We'll be looking at this as a matter of urgency.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Now that the default tick, to opt in to receive emails of new replies, has been changed, it seems not to work for me in IE9. I tick the box and the next time I revisit the particular thread the box is unticked again, so no emails received.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: 30 September marked for unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Netflix whips up 3D VR viewing room for Oculus Rift during company hack day

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014