We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Do you like our new home?

Forum Editor
Resolved

Likes # 6

I've been out all day, and missed the launch, so a belated welcome from me. I hope you like the new look.

We are bound to need a couple of tweaks, and it would be good to hear what you think, but perhaps you could let me know via email, rather than starting a thread? Otherwise we'll end up with a batch of threads, and it may get confusing.

It's great to have a new site; I hope you'll enjoy using it, and perhaps join me in thanking the hard-working development team who put it all together - no mean feat with a site of this size and complexity.

Like this post
Al94

Likes # 0

Classic case of "if it ain't broke - don't fix it"

Surely this should have been properly tested before being launched on a Friday afternoon? Unprofessional to say the least but I'm sure it will be sorted out in time.

Like this post
Al94

Likes # 0

1. Takes you back to the first page of thread after posting - why?
    1. You can't post again unless you go out of the site and go back in!
    2. Try finding the last page of a long thread - too much hassle, should be a button for last page
    3. Too much white and the page is spread out with a lot of wasted space.
    4. There's more I'm sure but life is too short.
Like this post
Legolas

Likes # 0

Hi FE I like the new look it is clean cut and mostly clutter free. I have not read all the entries in this thread so not sure if this has been mentioned but I did notice that entries on the 'new products' page have been duplicated eg the entry re the new Olympus SZ-30MR Camera is there twice, this applies to several other entries. But definitely a thumbs up for the new look.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I am getting really fed up with being unable to access the site due to "Oops Exception Encountered". It is not much point in having a nice shiny new site if it cannot be accessed. Why introduce it on a Friday, then find the bugs and then wait until hopefully early in the following week before these bugs are fixed.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Quickbeam

Change colours in FF - Tools, Options, Content, Colours.

Uncheck System Colours and Allow Pages.....

Pick whatever text and background colour you like.

Like this post
Legolas

Likes # 0

I would imagine that with all the different browsers and OS's being used the best way to test the new site was to release it and let us give feed back and bring to the developers notice the 'bugs' there is no way they could have tested it in-house for all the multifarious users and platforms.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Will give my judgement in about a month's time. I appreciate you are having some teething problems.I am not a facebook or twiterer.Other people might find them useful.Good luck with future modifications.

Like this post
wolfie3000

Likes # 0

Im going to try and stay away for a month until all the bugs are worked out, GL guys.

Like this post
HWJC

Likes # 0

This has increased my productivity no end. Now I don't have to come here at all. Possibly the most unintuitive implementation I've seen in a long time. Well, I suppose you have to expect that with new technology.

Homebrew bulletin boards in the 80s (yes, 80s) were about 10 times as good as this. Risible. I'll post this if I can assume from the 1\4 of a box showing below reads "post"

Bye.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

"unintuitive"

Best description yet.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Get bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more this Black...

IDG UK Sites

Tomorrow's World today (or next year)

IDG UK Sites

25 iOS apps turn (Red) for World AIDS Day campaign

IDG UK Sites

Advanced tips for Mac OS X Yosemite: use Yosemite like an expert - 5 new tips added