We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Do you like our new home?

Forum Editor
Resolved

Likes # 6

I've been out all day, and missed the launch, so a belated welcome from me. I hope you like the new look.

We are bound to need a couple of tweaks, and it would be good to hear what you think, but perhaps you could let me know via email, rather than starting a thread? Otherwise we'll end up with a batch of threads, and it may get confusing.

It's great to have a new site; I hope you'll enjoy using it, and perhaps join me in thanking the hard-working development team who put it all together - no mean feat with a site of this size and complexity.

Like this post
Macscouse

Likes # 0

I have no word processing tools or hyperlink in the reply box. I can't berate Bingalau properly. Help!!

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Macscouse

Which browser are you using - is it IE9?

Like this post
SparkyJack

Likes # 0

So that's why there were those strange pages of error and engineering. Weeel it different- Much more like one of those forums that operate on free software. Its 'taking getting used on our part and no doubt tweaks on the site staff part. All of which I am sure has already been said. So I had now better get exploring.

Like this post
Macscouse

Likes # 0

Forum Editor

Yes - IE9

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 1

Just a thought: The top line of each posting is: Posted Month Date 'Year at Time (on a 12 hour clock, but neither a.m. nor p.m.).

That needs fixing.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Macscouse

I have found that in IE9 the formatting icons drop into place about 3 or four seconds after the rest of the text box. Check it, and let me know.

Like this post
mobileman1953

Likes # 0

no i can not access helproom keep getting exception errors

Like this post
Macscouse

Likes # 0

FE Nothing shows

Like this post
Pineman100

Likes # 0

I'm going to have one more go at getting this thread to behave! I've now tried posting four times (at separate times - not consecutively) and each time my post has disappeared into the ether. I type, I click 'Post' and nothing happens!

So, here I go again, off into the wild blue yonder.

Good-bye cruel world...

Like this post
wids001

Likes # 0

I HATE CHANGE!

Having said that, it took a bit of getting used to, but now I've found my way around, I think a grand job has been done, and the new pages look great.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon 3D smartphone release date, price and spec: The hologram phone?

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 5s review: why the iPhone 5s is still the best phone you can buy in 2014

IDG UK Sites

Passwords don't work: here's four ways to fix them

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features