We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Do you like our new home?

Forum Editor
Resolved

Likes # 6

I've been out all day, and missed the launch, so a belated welcome from me. I hope you like the new look.

We are bound to need a couple of tweaks, and it would be good to hear what you think, but perhaps you could let me know via email, rather than starting a thread? Otherwise we'll end up with a batch of threads, and it may get confusing.

It's great to have a new site; I hope you'll enjoy using it, and perhaps join me in thanking the hard-working development team who put it all together - no mean feat with a site of this size and complexity.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Has anyone visited the new poll page yet? link text

Like this post
Matt Egan

Likes # 1

Mobile phone number required to update profile

That's a glitch. It should be optional, not mandatory, and will be changed next week.

Matt

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 1

The reviews pages are also much improved.

Like this post
D@ve

Likes # 0

Apologies if this has been mentioned already, but on the list of threads it tells you how many answers / views, I think "answers" is a poor choice of word. A particular thread could have 15 replies, but still not be answered. Not a problem for regular users, but could be misleading to new visitors looking for solutions to their problems.

I also hope the bold feature doesn't get abused!

Test link for my own benefit

Like this post
finerty

Likes # 0

how do you find my postings since there is no link

Like this post
D@ve

Likes # 0

I've just had the problem where I've tried to submit a second reply, but after clicking submit it just disappeared without trace!

I was commenting that the preview box doesn't convert the links so you can't actually see what they look like until you click submit. Would be nice if this could be fixed :)

finerty, Matt Egan has said in another thread that they are having some difficulty with My Postings, but it will be back ASAP.

Like this post
WHTDSOB

Likes # 1

The new site looks very good. Clean, fresh and less cluttered with more features.

Going to try a hyperlink link text

Like this post
finerty

Likes # 0

You have errors in your form. Please check and try again.

I keep on getting this error message if try to post a problem

Like this post
octal

Likes # 0

D@ve

What do you mean? Like this link to the BBC, it seems to convert them just fine.

Like this post
octal

Likes # 0

I have noticed one oddity, when you used to click on a link it used to open up in a separate window or tab depending on your browser, this isn't a negative comment as there are quite a few other forums that either have one or the other, this one seems to have adopted the open in the same tab as you are using mode, no big deal, I'll just middle click to open the link in a new tab.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

Watch this heartwarming Christmas short by Trunk for composer John Rutter

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad