We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Do you like our new home?

Forum Editor
Resolved

Likes # 6

I've been out all day, and missed the launch, so a belated welcome from me. I hope you like the new look.

We are bound to need a couple of tweaks, and it would be good to hear what you think, but perhaps you could let me know via email, rather than starting a thread? Otherwise we'll end up with a batch of threads, and it may get confusing.

It's great to have a new site; I hope you'll enjoy using it, and perhaps join me in thanking the hard-working development team who put it all together - no mean feat with a site of this size and complexity.

Like this post
Bingalau

Likes # 0

I "think" I like it but will not be sure until I have got used to it. I shall now have a little exploration. At least I know now why I couldn't get on the site earlier today and for that matter for a while yesterday. Something was afoot!

Hope our favourite postcard session works out o.k. although as I have had a long time power washing the paving in the garden I am feeling tired and may not last until Brumas puts it on at 9 p.m.

Just managed to locate the post button which was half hidden below this/these windows... Blimey it's gone again... But at least I know where it is hiding. Now checking with spell checker to see if I have made any big mistakes.... That seems to be working fine too, now where is this post button? Ah! Yes got the blighter....

Like this post
OTT_B

Likes # 1

Thank you PC Advisor for the effort you've put into this!

Me likes!

this is me testing hyperlinks!

Like this post
natdoor

Likes # 0

As has been stated by others, there is a lot of white space with fewer topics visible per screen. I also think that the date and time of the OP should be available without having to open the content of that post. In my view this makes it less user-friendly.

Like this post
Bingalau

Likes # 0

Just read in another thread that you have to exit a thread in order to post a second time. Seems wrong to me,but is it true because I posted a sort of postscript earlier after my 8.50 post and it vanished. So I thought I had hit a wrong key and tried again only for that to also vanish into the ether. Here goes with this one....

Like this post
Portal11

Likes # 0

sorry FE just read this!

Like this post
SB23

Likes # 0

I knew the site was being worked on, but it came as a bit of a surprise to see the new look. But I like it, alot, so well done to those involved, it'll just take a while for me to get used to it again, but that don't matter, its the same great site, and that does matter.

Like this post
QuizMan

Likes # 1

Change is not always for the better but I like it

I noticed the bold and underlined option so I am trying it out

Like this post
QuizMan

Likes # 0

I have just posted an apology for confusing my "underlined" with "italicised", but that seems to have disappeared into the ether. 2nd time lucky maybe.

Like this post
TopCat®

Likes # 0

Bingalau

'Just managed to locate the post button which was half hidden below this/these windows..'

A149 says it's because you have Compatibility View on and he was right! TC.

Like this post
Flak999

Likes # 1

Forum editor

I like the new look, it's clean and crisp and the ability to add formatting to posts although basic is welcome.

It would have been nice to have had the ability to edit posts, but I suppose we can't have everything.

On first impressions its a thumbs up from me!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia branding killed in place of 'Microsoft Lumia': Windows Phone moves into new era

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should you update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8? iOS 8.1 brings back Camera Roll, adds Apple Pay in...