We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Do you like our new home?

Forum Editor
Resolved

Likes # 6

I've been out all day, and missed the launch, so a belated welcome from me. I hope you like the new look.

We are bound to need a couple of tweaks, and it would be good to hear what you think, but perhaps you could let me know via email, rather than starting a thread? Otherwise we'll end up with a batch of threads, and it may get confusing.

It's great to have a new site; I hope you'll enjoy using it, and perhaps join me in thanking the hard-working development team who put it all together - no mean feat with a site of this size and complexity.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

I can see nobody can be bothered trawling to this point via the old method:)

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I think that you are referring to through my posts and the link (which isn't a button to be pedantic).

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

Woolwell

You do not have to go to My Posts as it also works from the Forums themselves

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Well, to answer the FE's original question, as opposed to commenting on the latest points, I must admit that up until a week or so ago I thought I would be parting company with the forum.

When the new site went live I promised myself I would give it a fair trial, and I thought about three months.

I have posted many times about how my colour perception is affected by macula disease, and how I use various accessibility options to get round this. This was no problem with the old site, but up until recently the new one actually negated these, and I lost sight of many features.

For the past three months I have been using one browser for reading and another for writing. The alternative was to read using my personal browser settings, and, if I wanted to post, reset the browser to default, write, reset my own setting and check what I have written.

Neither of these solutions was practical on a permanent basis, and, coupled with the many other points which had been raised, I thought I must knock it on the head.

However, within the last couple of weeks most of these issues have been fixed, the only facilities I still can't see are the text features, (bold italic etc.), and I can use keyboard shortcuts for those.

So, thanks to the snagging team, I might be around for a while longer (wailing and gnashing of teeth in some quarters)!

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

A secondary advantage of the last post button is that I can click back to the main subject listing with one click of the mouses back button.

So that's straight to page 24 of this marathon thread and back to the subjects list in just two mouse clicks. I feel better than James Brown... Yeah, sad I know:)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Netflix to introduce price increase: New subcribers to start with

IDG UK Sites

Apple financial results: iPhones, iPads & Macs sales for Apple's Q2 2014, plus shares to split

IDG UK Sites

Twitter - not news

IDG UK Sites

See Moo Studios' new animated advert for Blue Moon beer