We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Do you like our new home?

Forum Editor
Resolved

Likes # 6

I've been out all day, and missed the launch, so a belated welcome from me. I hope you like the new look.

We are bound to need a couple of tweaks, and it would be good to hear what you think, but perhaps you could let me know via email, rather than starting a thread? Otherwise we'll end up with a batch of threads, and it may get confusing.

It's great to have a new site; I hope you'll enjoy using it, and perhaps join me in thanking the hard-working development team who put it all together - no mean feat with a site of this size and complexity.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

What's happened to the mobile site? It doesn't appear to be working.

Like this post
finerty

Likes # 0

FE ive just noticed the consumer-watch at the top stays in bold regardless which forum i go to.

Like this post
GJC60

Likes # 1

Just loggod on...complete surprise thought i had wrong site..love it though..team did brill job, keep up the good work

Like this post
amonra

Likes # 0

Having done my nightly trawl through my favourite forums it is now practically impossible to differntiate one mag page from another. This site is now a clone of another IDG site namely PCWorld. Have a look at PCMag site, another clone. The old layout was very distinctive, easy to navigate and easy on the eyes. As I stated on another post (somewhere) I'm not a happy bunny.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Obviously a lot of work has gone into developing this new site, so I do congratulate those responsible overall, however ....

I very seriously DISLIKE the Forum pages layouts, much prefer the old style.

I may perhaps change my opinion after some usage, maybe a few weeks or so, to give it a chance!

Like this post
TonyV

Likes # 0

Forum Editor

It seems fine, except for one little niggle. The Post button below is below the "parapet". I can just see it and if I use ctrl + it comes fully into view. Then, when I reduce by ctrl -, it is still visible, but will vanish when typing the response in the message box. I have the magnification viewing set to 100%, but have to change to 125% to get the correct view. Maybe it is something to do with my settings, though nothing else seems to be a problem. Text size is set to "medium".

TonyV

Like this post
canarieslover

Likes # 1

I preferred the 'click here' opening up another tab rather than the page appearing on the tab I have open for the forum.

Like this post
wellshgit

Likes # 0

Quite surprised when I came to the site, but I quite like the new layout and will explore further. Obviously a lot of work has gone into it. Well done to all concerned.

Like this post
finerty

Likes # 0

FE i seem to be having problems posting a problem to do with Talk Talk. I've given it a title typed in the problem, yet when i post it it goes to the top stating there errors in the form, yet no errors are highlighted. If i place a tag it shows its being posted yet i cant find my post anywhere.

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

Forum Editor

I like the new look but hope that me 'laying old carpet in a new house', i.e.my usual Friday night offering won't lower the tone of the place ;o}}

One question, how does one green-tick now? I cannot see where to, it is obviously there somewhere but for the life of me I can't see it! The boot is on the other foot now, I'm asking for clues to identify a hidden location ;o}}

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

2015 visual trends: 20 leading designers & artists reveal what should be inspiring us in 2015

IDG UK Sites

Mac tips tricks & hacks: 10 things you didn't know your Mac could do