We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Do you like our new home?

Forum Editor
Resolved

Likes # 6

I've been out all day, and missed the launch, so a belated welcome from me. I hope you like the new look.

We are bound to need a couple of tweaks, and it would be good to hear what you think, but perhaps you could let me know via email, rather than starting a thread? Otherwise we'll end up with a batch of threads, and it may get confusing.

It's great to have a new site; I hope you'll enjoy using it, and perhaps join me in thanking the hard-working development team who put it all together - no mean feat with a site of this size and complexity.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

I see that the post topics are getting back to normal away from new site excitement.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

The above was just to see if the new post refreshed to the same page rather than reverting to the opening. It did.

That along with the first and last page options makes the site likeable again, just like when you have you're car fixed, you no longer hate it...;

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

Could the formatting be adjusted so that if I start a new line it actually goes on a new line. This bit should be on a new line.

But can only be done by inserting a blank line.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

BT I'm experimenting with new lines. Return moves to a new line as does shift return like that. Are you talking about paragraph spacing instead?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

BT I'm wrong. Return doesn't work. I should have looked at the preview.

Needs correcting.

Like this post
Bingalau

Likes # 0

newuser38. I didn't know we got a long service medal for completing ten years on the site? Brilliant I can put it on my mantelpiece. My grandchildren will be jealous as hell.

Like this post
nangadef

Likes # 0

No!

It reminds me of a child's first book - all space.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Yes, but check it out on your mobile - all squeezed up it fits the small screen perfectly.

Obviously designed with future mobile computing in mind!

Like this post
Al94

Likes # 0

Needs a "last" page link on the mobile site too.

Like this post
Devil Fish

Likes # 0

looks bright pretty polished and functional great job to all the guys on pca who have worked on it,Now ive just got to work out all the new toys.

Seriously though great job keep up the good work

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

8 cheapest 4G smartphones in the UK 2014: Best budget 4G phones

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air lab tests and benchmarks: 11-inch & 13-inch, 256GB, 2014 Mac laptops tested

IDG UK Sites

How to prank people using Google Glass

IDG UK Sites

Brian Cox to step into will.i.am's shoes with IBC keynote