We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Do you like our new home?

Forum Editor
Resolved

Likes # 6

I've been out all day, and missed the launch, so a belated welcome from me. I hope you like the new look.

We are bound to need a couple of tweaks, and it would be good to hear what you think, but perhaps you could let me know via email, rather than starting a thread? Otherwise we'll end up with a batch of threads, and it may get confusing.

It's great to have a new site; I hope you'll enjoy using it, and perhaps join me in thanking the hard-working development team who put it all together - no mean feat with a site of this size and complexity.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

morddwyd Thanks for that, I suspected that it was under my nose, couldn't see for looking, can't see the wood for the trees etc...:)

QB

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Is anyone else having trouble posting to hear?

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

Quickbeam

Yes. Just composed a post before this one and clicked on POST and sat looking at Please Wait for about 4 mins until I got fed up!

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

Just tried again.

Seems its not possible to post anything with links in it now.

What a shambles!!

Like this post
Bingalau

Likes # 0

BT. For God's sake have a bit of patience. Contributors on here have been asking for change for a long time and now that it has come there are bound to be glitches. Give the site manipulators time to sort things out please. I am quite sure it will all be "Hunky-Dory" in a couple of weeks or so. Too many people seem to be in too much of a hurry for things to be fixed.

Maybe it's our fault for asking for things to be fixed before they were broken??????

Macscouse... Why on earth would you want to berate me? I thought we were pals!!! Have a go at Brumas instead.

Like this post
natdoor

Likes # 0

The lateness of this response is due to long-term inability to access the site and, when able to access it via Google, to posts not being accepted.

I like to monitor some of the forums and to read almost all of the OPs in those forums. The previous index page of each forum enabled me to view all new threads to be viewed on the first page, sinceItendto access the site twice daily. Since the date of the OP was there, it was simple to determine which were old threads, some very old, which have had recent postings and these would only be read if the topic as of particular interest. Now, without opening the thread, I have to remember the titles to determine whether or not I have looked at the OP. I would imagine that many others adopt the same approach and find the new design less user-friendly in this respect.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

The new search engine

We used to complain that the old site search engine wasn't up to it, but if you search for 'tinned tomatoes', you'll see that it wasn't really all that bad...;)

Like this post
BT

Likes # 2

Bingalau

"Contributors on here have been asking for change for a long time"

Some have maybe, but not me.

For what looks a lot like almost any other forum, so presumably just a premade one, its having an awful lot of problems. Apart from being able to use SOME HTML tags there's not an awful lot that's different other than not being so easy to use.

The rest of the site is OK but I suspect like me for most visitors the most important thing is the Forum. Every day so far I've had long periods when I get an Exception Error for hours on end when trying to access the site. For what has been promoted as an improved site there has obviously not been adequate in depth testing or this would have been found out at an early stage, after all it seems to have been found by several users, including me, almost immediately.

I'm afraid I'm with a number of other posters on this.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

On the Date line, should it not read!

Posted Apr 11, '11 at 12:20 p.m.

Notice the comma after the first 11 and the p.m. after the time

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

Very annoying:~

After you have posted your response, you are returned to Page 1, which then needs another 2 Clicks on the ... to get back to where you were.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Just graduated? Learn all you need to know to kickstart your career in our Creative Graduate Guide