We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Do you like our new home?

Forum Editor
Resolved

Likes # 6

I've been out all day, and missed the launch, so a belated welcome from me. I hope you like the new look.

We are bound to need a couple of tweaks, and it would be good to hear what you think, but perhaps you could let me know via email, rather than starting a thread? Otherwise we'll end up with a batch of threads, and it may get confusing.

It's great to have a new site; I hope you'll enjoy using it, and perhaps join me in thanking the hard-working development team who put it all together - no mean feat with a site of this size and complexity.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 1

Congratulations to all involved they have done a great job. Looks really good and obviously a lot of work has gone into it. Still a few teething problems though. Just received this when trying to open your thread.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forums/16/speakers-corner/index.cfm?event=main.Error500

Not sure if it is just my problem or not

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

buteman

You're not alone - I've seen a few error pages myself in the past 30 minutes.

This is the web equivalent of a one-off, hand built car, and over the weekend we may see some glitches. I know it can be irritating to get error messages, but over the weekend we'll see some heavy traffic, so please bear with us - we'll get it right, but it may take a few days to settle in.

Like this post
octal

Likes # 0

I wanted to update my profile, but it insists I have to enter a mobile phone number. There is no way I'm doing that as the phone is not mine. I have sent FE an email, but I think this is a serious failing on an otherwise excellent new site.

I'm sure it's just a blip, so well done to all those who have worked on it.

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 1

Seems fine to me, so far. Easy to read and navigate. I was hoping for an "edit" facility for posts, which I think is long overdue.

Congratulations to all those putting in the hard work. I'll do my best to think of you all this weekend while I sit in the sun with a cold beer, or three!!

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 1

octal

Many thanks, your point is noted. I'll pass it on to the development team on Monday.

Like this post
JYPX

Likes # 1

I like it...........a lot.

Like this post
octal

Likes # 0

Forum Editor

Thank you.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 1

ams4127

Thank you - enjoy the sun and the beer.

Like this post
finerty

Likes # 0

Wow FE took me by surprise, Looks great, i did have a couple errors earlier, now its working great.

I may need a little time to get use to this new home page but looks absolutely Fab.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 1

finerty

Thank you.

Anything new feels a little strange at first, and you won't be the only one who will need a while to find your bearings. The only real way to test something like this is by subjecting it to scrutiny by the people who are going to use it - people like you.

Let's see how it performs over the weekend. Glad you like the look.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Gear 2 review: Classy Tizen smartwatch is too expensive

IDG UK Sites

Eight possible names for the next version of Mac OS X: What will Apple call the follow-up to Maveri?......

IDG UK Sites

Why our gadgets will kill us all: bleating notifications, too many chargers and the proliferation...

IDG UK Sites

Inside Twitter's new design and ad offerings