We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

The New PCA Site

peter99co
Resolved

Likes # 2

I am very impressed.

Like this post
Portal11

Likes # 1

NAH! ive been playing with the site is FANTASTIC! much easier to Navigate! cheers chaps... FE & the guys are on my Xmas card list! :-)

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

What's with the silly 12 hour time format?

If we must have it could we at least have an am/pm?

Like this post
finerty

Likes # 0

Matt I tried making post in consumer-watch, however I cant it flags up in red saying errors in the form, yet no errors are highlighted. I gave it tittle, if i place a tag it goes through as its been posted, i cant find the post any where.

I tried to copy and paste here it wont get posted

Like this post
grey george

Likes # 0

Needs a bit of tweaking, no start date for topics so you don't know if it's a new topic or one revived from the past. Subscribe to replies tick should be unticked as default, or as customizable in your profile. Which it maybe, but I can't get into that area. It says my request has been eroded. By time/glaciation or water damage? 24 hour clock seems very standard these days, do you think someone just plugged the new toy in without reading the manual or doing the basic setup? Or is it only me that does that. The google toolbar spell check still works so there's little need for a built in one.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

There is a bug somewhere. I've had Oops Exception message twice now. The last time it kept me out for some time.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Two comments to make!.

Earlier I tried to post a response and got a 'please wait' message. Waited, then left the article to post and nothing further happened. The item was not posted?.

The actual comment was about the width of the page and it appears to overlap using IE8. Tried the compatibility tag and this made no difference. Is anyone else experiencing this?.

Like this post
peter99co

Likes # 0

The grey border is half covering the POST tab at the moment.

Like this post
Covergirl

Likes # 0

Has this been beta tested? Oh, what a good idea . . .

Like this post
Matt Egan

Likes # 1

Thanks for all of these comments. The nature of a site the size of PCA is that it is virtually impossible to make changes without causing errors and - as important - upsetting members. As I speak FE is working witb our dev team to reduce the impact of both, and it is incredibly valuable that people let us know their thoughts. For instance: the 12/24 hour clock thing is, honestly, something we never considered. Clearly it needs fixing, and it will be. Please keep posting feedback - good or bad - and we'll keep trying to improve the site.

Matt

(I might have a bit of a sleep first)

Like this post  
Muergo

Likes # 0

I have just found out that there are two new websites?? Initially I used Firefox as that is my default, but accessing the site through Internet Explorer8 I find a totally different and nicer layout and colour scheme.

Is it my settings and how can I get the IE style screen working in Firefox.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Moto G2 (2014) vs Moto E comparison review: New Moto G is worth the extra cash

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Oculus Rift 'Crescent Bay' prototype hands-on: it's an amazing experience

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...