We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

The New PCA Site

peter99co
Resolved

Likes # 2

I am very impressed.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Comments so far: Too white. Had to learn a new way of inserting links. Posting to threads throws you back to first page - why? Unable to add second post to thread without exiting thread and re-entering. Firefox decided after a while that it wouldn't let me into Speaker's Corner citing a problem with cookies. No problem originally. Have to untick the subscribe to replies as otherwise I get a flood of e-mails telling me that a thread has been updated. It used to be for the originator only.

Like this post
octal

Likes # 0

I notice when you click on a link it opens in the same window and not another tab like it used to do, not a big problem now I know after I'd closed the page mistakenly :)

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

There appears to be some bugs still in it. Using IE8 I did a refresh and got Oops Exception Encountered. After that, although I cleared the cache, the only way way back in was to close IE and reopen it.

Like this post
carver

Likes # 1

Very nice, I like the navigation so much easier to understand and any body coming onto this site for the first time will certainly find it a pleasure to use.

Like this post
AL47

Likes # 0

i not too keen, i think everything takes up too much space, where before there were several posts per page now there are a lot fewer, one line of writing takes up a lot more space.. a lot more scrolling.

i do also miss the links down the left side, they make it a lot easier to navigate

too white also

Like this post
Grey Goo

Likes # 0

Where do you tick for Resolution

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Think that the favicon has changed too.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Just realised that the timings for the postings are in 2 hour format without the am or pm. Would be much better in 24 hr format. Now I am fairly sure that all of the previous postings were this afternoon and evening!

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Should have been 12 hour not 2 hour format.

Really, really irritating is the fact that if you want to post again immediately you cannot but have to exit the thread and re-enter.

Like this post
VCR97

Likes # 0

Too much white. Too spaced out. It's an inch too wide for my screen.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

The 13 most inspirational Tim Cook quotes