We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

The New PCA Site

peter99co
Resolved

Likes # 2

I am very impressed.

Like this post
uk-wizard

Likes # 1

I like it - I think.

Like this post
wolfie3000

Likes # 0

Wow just wow, this will take alot of getting used to. I didn't expect such a dramatic overhaul.

I kind of dont like it at the moment but im sure i will get used to it.

Like this post
flycatcher1

Likes # 1

First impression - looks good to my old eyes.

Like this post
Chris the Ancient

Likes # 0

I may be being stupid, but I have difficulties using the menu option at the top of the page. As soon as I move my mouse to try and select a forum, the menu collapses!

Like this post
wolfie3000

Likes # 0

One problem iv noticed is when I tried to update my profile it demands a mobile phone number, I dont own a mobile phone.

Like this post
WhiteTruckMan

Likes # 0

I also think posting times should be displayed in either 24h format (my favourite) or am/pm, and not as they are now.

I'm also seeing custom exception handler errors, to wit:

ID: ?? LINE: 262 Template: D:\websites\www.pcadvisor.co.uk\handlers\Main.cfc ID: CFINVOKE LINE: 694 Template: D:\websites\www.pcadvisor.co.uk\coldbox\system\web\Controller.cfc ID: CF_UDFMETHOD LINE: 579 Template: D:\websites\www.pcadvisor.co.uk\coldbox\system\web\Controller.cfc ID: CF_TEMPLATEPROXY LINE: 51 Template: D:\websites\www.pcadvisor.co.uk\coldbox\system\web\services\ExceptionService.cfc ID: CF_TEMPLATEPROXY LINE: 321 Template: D:\websites\www.pcadvisor.co.uk\coldbox\system\Coldbox.cfc ID: CF_UDFMETHOD LINE: 79 Template: D:\websites\www.pcadvisor.co.uk\Application.cfc

Hope this is helpfull

WTM

Like this post
octal

Likes # 0

wolfie3000,

I assume, rightly or wrongly, they might be updating the profile page, I can't even get into mine.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Is it me or are 'new bits' still appearing, didn't notice that forum menu option at top of page about 20 minutes ago. I've been using the one at bottom of page. Also have had two of my attempted posts just disappear Can someone more savvy give me a walkthrough on the posting of hyperlinks option, I have had a go but not got it quite right. I'll go and have my tea and come back later...

Like this post
wolfie3000

Likes # 0

Also I keep getting errors when going through the forum, link text

It might be my end im not sure.

Like this post
Joseph Kerr

Likes # 0

I've only ever used the forums here, and liked the long lists of threads under the section headings.

I also see an awful lot of white.

It would be unfair of me not to say, however, that I'm an old stick in the mud who doesnt like change, and generally cant see the point changing a site many have been happy with for years, with the exception of certain suggestions made to the FE a while back, most of which he wasted no time poo pooing.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

How to watch the Windows 9 launch event: no live video stream so catch our Windows 9 launch live...

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Video trends: 4K is here – HDR video, VR and 3D audio is coming

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK