We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

The New PCA Site

peter99co
Resolved

Likes # 2

I am very impressed.

Like this post
Matt Egan

Likes # 0

No spell checker, on the basis that i it is easy to add one to Firefox or IE. But there is a preview, so you can proof before you post.

Like this post
TopCat®

Likes # 0

Great looking site that will as mentioned take a little while to get used to. Well done to all concerned. TC.

Ahem, the post button box for this entry is half obscured by the border on my PC.

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

Well done, there is a lot more information available, in a nice well produced web site which is easy to navigate. It may take some of us a while to find our way around, but I like it.

Like this post
Al94

Likes # 0

Topcat, mine was the same, you are in compatability mode, go out of it and it will appear ok

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

*Oh!*

just found you can do stuff with your text

just like that link text

Like this post
WhiteTruckMan

Likes # 0

I'm going to reserve judgement on this until I've had time to get used to it. First glance is that I dont like it, much as I dislike it when a supermarket periodically rearranges its stock layout. I know it's to make me search round and look at things I wouldnt normally look at, but that still doesnt endear them to me. Still, early days yet.

However, big big negative biggie is that there is far too much white background glaring out at these tired eyes of mine. Thats not something that I get used to. especially for night time browsing.

Have I stumbled on the printer friendly version perhaps?

WTM

Like this post
Chris the Ancient

Likes # 0

As many have said, it will take time to get used to it.

However, the first thing that I have found is that my old 'auto login' methodology short cut that I used for many years no longer works (the one where one puts in a long load of stuff with one's email and password built in).

Will there be a method that we regular users will be enable to emploY

Like this post
DippyGirl

Likes # 0

Alot of white space - so you see less per window (or seems that way) The sub-subject (bit that was in bold ) when responding to a thread has gone - makes some comments a bit obscure as some of the context has been removed

Cleaner fresher feel though, will see how it drives

Like this post
TopCat®

Likes # 0

Al94 Thanks very much for the tip! TC.

Like this post
Proclaimer

Likes # 0

I Thought the BBC Had Hacked PCA...

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

Watch this heartwarming Christmas short by Trunk for composer John Rutter

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad