We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

What's your favourite smartphone or tablet app?

David Price

Likes # 0

Here's a question for fans of smartphones and tablet PCs. What's your favourite app?

We're compiling a list of the best apps around, and we're keen to hear which ones you rate highest, whether it's a well-known or obscure app, free or paid for, a business productivity app or the most frivolous of games.

Add your recommendation to this thread (or email it to [email protected]) and we'll print the best 10 (plus the names of the recommenders) in the next issue of the magazine.

Finally, I'd like to thank all those who recommended news websites last month. And particularly fourm member, who recommended our favourite site - if you're around, fourm member, could you make yourself known?

David Price
PCA

Like this post
mobileman1953

Likes # 0

bar code scanner ,

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

google maps/navigation

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I'm not sure that I have a favourite. I use these regularly:
Google Maps
Sudoku Daily
National Trust
RAC Traffic
Shazam
This day in history
Facebook

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

The Times and Sunday Times.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Pocket Informant

Arguably the best PIM about at the moment.

Like this post
I am Spartacus

Likes # 0

Although it probably has limited appeal I've been very impressed with HanDBase click here I buy a lot of books when I'm out and about and it's useful to have the list easily to hand.

Like this post
Seth Haniel

Likes # 0

for the safest driving experience
Emails and texts read out replied to automatically till safe to answer yourself

Like this post
mammak

Likes # 0

Telmap Navigator 5
Google maps
PDF to go
Dictionary.com
Amazon MP3
Social feeds
Wordsearch free version
Bubble burst free
BBM.

Like this post
Chegs ®™

Likes # 0

As I rarely use my smartphone to actually make/take calls and use its internet abilities almost constantly,I listen to Mobbler(a kind of Last.FM music app)or google maps to check my satnavs not lost the plot.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

does Mobbler use up a lot of internet allowance and battery power?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

2015 visual trends: 20 leading designers & artists reveal what should be inspiring us in 2015

IDG UK Sites

10 iPhone app exclusives that make Android users jealous