We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Neighbours Windchime nuisance noise

lotvic
Resolved

Likes # 0

Next doors got a wooden wind chime 2 weeks ago.
It's driving me nuts 24/7
I have been very strong so far and refrained from using scissors - though came close to it this morning...

I don't want there to be any upset as I only moved here last Nov so don't know them very well. Just a polite hello etc when we meet mowing front lawn etc.

Any suggestions on how to tackle windchime noise problem?

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

It might back-fire in that they like it so much they go out and buy a couple for themselves!!

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

I am reasonably content with it being over other side of garden. I can live with the quieter noise level although would be better still if not at all.
I certainly don't want to start a 'war of noisy chimes'. Live and let live, at least they haven't got a dog that barks all the time etc. I shall count my blessings :)

Like this post  
Jameslayer

Likes # 0

lotvic you marrige wrecker :P

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Unfortunately.
They did split up in the following months, but not a word was ever said to me about 'the note' - actually they never spoke to me again.

He still lives there, on his own.

Since then I have always been very careful not to say anything untoward to neighbours.

Thankfully I moved the following year.

Update on windchimes:
Not heard them for past few days, fingers crossed.

Like this post
ella33

Likes # 0

I walked past a house today and heard wind chimes. I thought of this thread and looked over aand saw the chimes hanging outside the back door which was at the side of the house (bungalow I think). the sound was quite loud and I think the neighbours on that side must hear them quite a lot. It does seem strange, I had always thought of them in a conservatory, or a place that is semi outside, not right next to the neighbour's door!

Like this post
skeletal

Likes # 0

What is it that expends zero energy but is one of the hardest things to achieve?

Total silence...

Skeletal

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

As with most things like this the neighbour would probably not have thought about the noise for you when he purchased it. I remember something similar with my neighbour when I installed the small waterfall in my garden pond. He told me that he and his wife had been up all night trying to trace what they thought was a water leek in their house and all the time it was my waterfall. We laughed about it at the time but I did install a timer on the switch so it didn't operate during the night.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs iPhone 5S comparison review: Metal smartphones fight

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Fonts review

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014