We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

What sort of phone number is this?

jack

Likes # 0

Something has changes at telecoms it seems.
Those irritating phones calls tha tell you you have won a holiday can be identifies[as if you are interested]
When I arrived home to day- I dialed 1471 and was told I had been called by the following number
01113- wqhjat sort of number is that I thought?
Dialed 100 asked the operator it seems that if one of those called connect whilst you are not there - where previously the recording says 'You were called at 1500 -we do not have the number.
It npow says Your wre all by 01 113 ofr example.
This evening the phone ran- did not connect and effectively killed the phone [remained connected] for a few moments- 1471 revealed this time it was 01117.
So- did you know that?
Do you all care?- except to say dont ring back

Like this post
tullie

Likes # 0

Sorry jack,youve lost me

Like this post
Nibblerman

Likes # 0

well if i am correct 0113 is LEEDS or around there...? sure u got the first 4 numbers correct..?

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

Sounds like CLI Spoofing, where the caller has made their number look somewhat different.

I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often.

I was called about 7 or 8 times last week from a number revealed as 01395 000 000, which is not a real phone number.

Most of these numbers originate outside our borders, so BT can't do a thing to stop them

Like this post
jack

Likes # 0

Number read back - ignore it.
Nibblerman
The read back is a 5 digit number only
Any UK region number will be a minimum of 11 digits

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 release date, price, features. The next version of Windows will run on everything:....

IDG UK Sites

An Apple fan's perspective on the Windows 10 launch

IDG UK Sites

Sensor-laden kids' watch with 3G launches in Japan

IDG UK Sites

2014 Retina iMac release date rumours, specs and features: 27in 5K Retina iMac 'launching this mont'......