We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

HMP contracted to India

sunny staines

Likes # 0

should all prisoners serving over i year be sent out to somewhere cheap like india in to serve their sentences to keep running costs down then brought back at the end of their sentence. with usaul safe guards built in of human rights, 3 meals a day and a hours exercise]. i think in the long term it would save thousands and save tax payers money.

Like this post
DrScott

Likes # 0

might have something to say about that. Why on earth should they be forced to look after our inmates? I suspect accusations of colonialism would be rife.

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

Not a bad idea. It would not only be cheaper, but it would be a greater deterrent to those `willing` to go to prison. Additionally it may well prevent visitors taking `illegal substances`, mobile `phones and other items considered (apparently) desirable these days to inmates.

As for the Indian government being unhappy; provided we paid the right sum I`m certain they would take the work on. India has taken much other work from other countries why not this which would aid our tax system.

Failing that perhaps the Americans who run prisons in Iraq and other countries .......!!!!

Like this post
The Brigadier

Likes # 0

Is this a joke!

Like this post
pj123

Likes # 0

Didn't we try that once before, a long time ago?

The Country that we sent them to then is now better off than we are.

Like this post
sunny staines

Likes # 0

if india did not want to know eastern europe might

Like this post
sunny staines

Likes # 0

look at the money saved by moving call centers to india and factory's to chia.

Like this post
Kate B

Likes # 0

I hope so.

Like this post
The Brigadier

Likes # 0

I know 'Out Sourcing' is the buzz word at the moment for big business, but this would never work.
May be it will be the goverments last fanfare before a general election, sure to be a bullet in the head for Labour!

Like this post
Phphred

Likes # 0

Well we used to send them to Australia why not India?

Like this post
Phphred

Likes # 0

Sorry pj123.. Here Here!!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Google Fit vs Apple Health Kit: What's the difference?

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Introducing generation tech

IDG UK Sites

Government kills £50 million 'Silicon Roundabout' regeneration fund