We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

First web-rage attack ends up in court

TOPCAT®

Likes # 0

First of its kind, say police, but it just goes to show how careful one has to be about disclosing too much personal detail in chatrooms and forums. TC.

click here

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

of this endless, mind-numbingly tedious rubbish, it_girl.

We've all got your message, loud and clear.

Now give it a rest, please, and not one more veiled personal reference to other forum users.......not one. You seem to make a habit of these little sniping comments, and I've had enough of it. I rarely issue such a public warning, but it seems the private one you had not twenty four hours ago has had absolutely no effect.

I hope I make myself crystal clear.

Like this post
egapup

Likes # 0

Is the IT in it_girl short for Italian?? would explain quite a bit.lol.

Like this post
namtas

Likes # 0

What has been said here about identity is not in my opinion scare mongering, but rather an absolute reality, any one who has looked at a certain readily avaiable information disk that I will not name will know that from the most basic of details a full family household profile can be obtained in minutes. Relax but please do not be complacent about identity.

Like this post
Confab

Likes # 0

Just twice.

Nice link. I’d pick up a copy if I wasn’t a thirty something male. Oh dear now everyone knows something else about me! I bet if you looked hard enough at some of my previous postings you’d also see that I work in a big building in Canary Wharf, have three boys, two kittens, oh and a stick.

I’d better double bolt the front door tonight.

I wonder if you’ll still be around here in week six ;-)

Confab

Like this post
it_girl

Likes # 0

Maybe older means using old material when in a vacant confab....lol.But I enjoyed it both times or was it 3 time lucky?
Where was I ......?

Yes the Saga joke was in poor taste should have been click here

Like this post
Confab

Likes # 0

Maybe older means wiser. The Saga link was just juvenile BTW.

I’ll re-post this here. Its more appropriate

Calm down dear and go and make yourself a nice tuppa.

There are far more important things to worry about than someone here knowing your approximate DOB. No-ones going to come to your house with an axe or machete or whatever and I'm sure even if they did you'd be far too sensible than to open your front door with a knife in your hand.

We all give personal details to people/organizations that we don't know every day. What about when your registered for this site, did you give out any personal information? Now if “Peter The Great” was a raving loon then you might have something to worry about!!

Confab

Like this post
it_girl

Likes # 0

It now I appears to be a generational issue.Many in this section of the forum are older and may have more in common with click here than the younger members.

But, I know that if the younger generation started giving out their ages and other personal details then the 'powers to be' will react immediately for obvious reasons.Then again they would'nt discuss their poor health status etc. with strangers.

Therefore,don't simply portray the 'tedious' look and please remember the topic is 'First web-rage attack ends up in court'.

There are no excuses when one does'nt meet net safety sensibilities.

Like this post
ed-0

Likes # 0

I've got a zimmer frame and can zzzzzzzzzzzzz.

p.s. plus two piranha looking goldfish.

Like this post
Confab

Likes # 0

And I’ve got two kittens and a stick so don’t come sniffing around my house either ;-)

Confab

Like this post
€dstowe

Likes # 0

I suppose my location could be guessed at from information I've posted here over time but, a warning for anyone with malicious intent: I have a large dog who is very protective of his property and I also have two shotguns (legal and licenced). Dog is trained to a gun so - - - -.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia