We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Web Design Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How to create a similar website to this.

Robm86

Likes # 0

Im looking to start a Fifa website for the xbox and there are a couple out there already i was just wondering how i would go about making 1?

I would need the website to have a full league table and it to update fully automatically when teams submit results. I would also need goals scored and assists, red cards etc all to update on members profiles when they submit results of the games.

I would also need to have a system where players are offered contracts to accept of decline to play for a team and could only get out of the contract if the main person of the team (captain) lets them go.

Here are similar websites

http://www.totalfifaleagues.com/ http://www.yourfifaleague.net

I assume this can only be created by code and not a basic website buidling software?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Like this post
LastChip

Likes # 0

In all probability, those sites use a substantial amount of php and a database back-end. They clearly also have some javascript in the mix as well.

My understanding is, Dreamweaver can write php sites, but just how good it is, and indeed, how much knowledge you need to use it, I've no idea as I don't use it.

You'd also need a web server with php and mysql (which could be on your local machine) to test it.

So to reiterate, my suspicion is, you'd need a knowledge of:

html

javascript

php

mysql database construction

Not for the faint hearted and if you've never tried designing a website before, or have at least intermediate knowledge of the above, with lots of respect, I suspect you'd be in well and truly over your head. However, if you can tick all the above boxes, go ahead and try and let us all know how you get on.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon 3D smartphone release date, price and spec: The hologram phone?

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 5s review: why the iPhone 5s is still the best phone you can buy in 2014

IDG UK Sites

Passwords don't work: here's four ways to fix them

IDG UK Sites

The art of rebranding: Creative agency The Neighbourhood explains how & why it rebranded