We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Web Design Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Advice required on creating a website

geek84

Likes # 0

A friend of mine and myself are thinking to creating a website to advertise our tuition services. We teach Maths and English up to GCSE level.

We have never created a website before and were hoping that someone would be kind enough to offer advice as to the content and colour scheme that we could have on our website. We would also need advice on how to register the website name, how to generate the maximum possible visitors to our site, together with aim of making our website appear towards the top of a ‘Google search’.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

You could start with a free website design tool such as this one from Serif. Once designed, I believe it has to be hosted which costs x pounds per month (there are dozens around, but I haven't used one so can't comment).

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

Dont do it!

You would be better off starting with local free ads unless you intend to do this full time.

I had a couple of years teaching English for a South African university's Media Studies course via e-mail and it was hell. 2 bright and willing to learn students and 30 not to bright and a few who thought they new it all and would just submit plagiarised material copied from the BBC or CNN websites.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Transferred to Webdesign from Absolute Beginners.

Like this post
michaeldj

Likes # 0

hey first of all that should be userfriendly... it donen't mean to think on search engine and all that but it should be liked by the visitor or user.

every main & important navigation on the top of the manu & that will helpful a lot... shoudl use great & catuchy color which reflacts on website as well attrects...

this might be useful to you...

Thank's

Like this post
Graham*

Likes # 0

Start off with Blogger click here If you wish to register a Domain name click here

You can point the Domain name to your Blogger site at first, or to another site later.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 features wishlist: the changes iPhone and iPad users want in Apple's iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

25 Years of the World Wide Web: Happy Birthday, Intenet

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features