We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Web Design Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

website not loading properly

ethelbert

Likes # 0

Hi there,
I am having a great deal of problems with my prinary website at Bluehost.com which has been hosted with them for 2 years without concern. The servers look to be set corrrectly, but I am having loads of problems. The images are not showing up and some of the styles in the css don't show. It is quite odd, All the rest of my sites work bar a newly uploaded one which has images loaded but I see no images. Believe me I know if works as I have tried it on another host and it works ok.

BH now tell me that the fault lies with Level3.net Does this often happen, and is this the cause do you think?
click here
Many thanks for any help from you guys,

Like this post
beynac

Likes # 0

I don't know what BH mean by that. If you change the links, as I have suggested, the pictures will appear.

The way you have the links (without the '../') take you to styles/images/picture.jpg. The pictures are there OK ( see my link to them in my above post).

Like this post
beynac

Likes # 0

I have just looked again and you have made the changes and it all works OK. If you still can't see the pictures, you need to refresh the page in your browser or clear your cache.

Like this post
beynac

Likes # 0

You're welcome!

Like this post
ethelbert

Likes # 0

Beynac, I wish I had come here to start with. I am often wandering around as a guest or logged in but it was when I was not getting any joy that I thought of PCAdvisor.

I cannot thank you enough.

I am working on the site now. And shortly all may be completely restored. Thanks you very much. All the Thank yous were because I could see my site correctly for the first time in weeks. I am overjoyed.

BH = Bluehost.com BTW

Many thanks.

Like this post
ethelbert

Likes # 0

I wrote: I have always had my sites within their own directories and my friend who is a MS MVP does the same. She is very good at these things but she is completely mystified too after a week trying to correct it herself.

I hasten to correct any idea that my friend did not know how to using links as in ../images etc.,

The problem she couldn't solve and seems to something we cannot discover is why my website after being within a directory for 2 years suddenly will not work IN the directory?

Anyhow, I just felt what I said was so unfair. If anyone discovers the answer to this though I would be so delighted.

Thanks for the help given.

Like this post
alsgroup

Likes # 0

Check your internet speed...

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 features wishlist: the changes iPhone and iPad users want in Apple's iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

25 Years of the World Wide Web: Happy Birthday, Intenet

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features