We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Web Design Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

NOF Future

Bebee

Likes # 0

I have been using Net Objects Fusion for some time - currently version 11 - but I am wondering about the future?

They don't seem to updating or developing (last program update 2008)and with ever developing web standards I'm wondering what the future holds?

I have quite an extensive site built on it, and trying to start again would be daunting. What are the chances of something like Expression Web importing the site?

And what would the learning curve be like should it become necessary to change program?

Or is there a chance the company is actually going to move forward?

Like this post
Bebee

Likes # 0

Thnaks for the information - useful to have someone in the know.

The templates are appearing somewhat dated - I think the Serif WebPlus has a more modern look. If I was starting now I don't think NOF would come high on my list of options.

Fortunately, for the moment, the nature of the site makes what I can get out of NOF acceptable.

I've never managed to import anything remotely successfully into NOF, so Expression Web sounds a better bet. I'm also pleased to hear it's easy to use.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

was re-established as an independent company.

It acquired all NOF-related assets from Web.com. for approximately $4.0 million. The future appears to be uncertain - market share has been falling, and some of the features are looking their age - many of the site templates are looking decidedly out of date.

I've never imported a NOF site into Expression Web, but I see no reason why it wouldn't work. The Expression Web learning curve will be a short one - it's a very easy application to use.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Gear 2 review: Classy Tizen smartwatch is too expensive

IDG UK Sites

Eight possible names for the next version of Mac OS X: What will Apple call the follow-up to Maveri?......

IDG UK Sites

Why our gadgets will kill us all: bleating notifications, too many chargers and the proliferation...

IDG UK Sites

Inside Twitter's new design and ad offerings