We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Web Design Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Puzzle.exe onto web.

tnelis

Likes # 0

Hi, I have a freestanding .exe file called puzzle.exe which is a working jigsaw puzzle using one picture.
How can I get that onto my website, so a friend could click on an icon and start doing the puzzle.?
The prog is supplied as freeware by Jigs@w Puzzles.
I don't want to email it, I want to put it on a blog or website, so people can click onto it to solve the puzzle, so I need a way to put it up on the web...html?...how do I do this please?
Thank you,

Like this post
oscar.cat

Likes # 0

Another solution to using an exe file is upload a picture to jigzone.com which will then give you the code to embed the jigsaw on your blog or website.

I currently have a jigsaw on my website which has proven to be very successful with visitors, an example can be seen here click here

Like this post
tnelis

Likes # 0

Thanks, good solutions. I appreciate it.

Like this post
progcomputeach

Likes # 0

there are several ways you could do this:

1. Send the file to the user- but .exe files can contain a virus!

2. Zip the file up and send it.

3. Create a "Setup and Deployment" project which allows them to install it on their computer. They could downlaod this setup program from a website

4. Write the program as a web application which means re-writing the program using Visual Web Developer. This means that they will be able to login to your website and use the proram without having to download it..

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Lytro Illum release date, price and specs: Light field camera goes 3D

IDG UK Sites

Tim Cook says Apple aims to be best, not first, hinting that iWatch is coming

IDG UK Sites

Twitter - not news

IDG UK Sites

Fun film festival trailer plays with classic movie scenes