We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Web Design Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

The mystery of creating high quality direct email?

rotormota

Likes # 0

Hi,

Does anyone know how the likes of retailers etc manage to email such high quality email shots which are so small in size. They are generally no larger than 50KB, usually less than a mere 20 but are filled with colour, photos, animations & more.

For the time being I'm only actually trying to create a company stationery email with a logo using Outlook Express but unless I use an inferior highly compressed image file the end result is coming out quite large at about 100KB. I have also tried sending as HTML from my Serif PagePlus DTP suite but again, it remains sizable.

Any thoughts to solve this would be much appreciated.

Many thanks.
J

Like this post
Bebee

Likes # 0

I'm sure you'll get more expert answers than mine, but my understanding is that the images, animations etc. are hosted elsewhere and are not actually sent with the email.

I presume you would design in html as you are doing but embed material in the page.

I have embedded You Tube material in a web page, but don't really know how it is done for an email - you would certainly need the material hosted somewhere.

Like this post
rotormota

Likes # 0

Thanks. I wondered if something like that may be the case. Probably not much good for a piece of email stationery.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G3 release date, price, specs and new features 2014

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 5s review: why the iPhone 5s is still the best phone you can buy in 2014

IDG UK Sites

PCs vs consoles: PCs still pwn when it comes to gaming (and everything else)

IDG UK Sites

NAB 2014: Affordable 4K cameras, boundary-pushing plug-ins & drone domination