We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Web Design Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

123 reg ipstag change

victormcd

Likes # 0

does anyone have any familiarity with changing the ipstag on a 123 bought domain name?

My hosting is with heart.

All I have been able to see so far is (point to)

Shared Hosting on MyServerWorld.COM
Shared Hosting on MyServerWorld.NET
Shared Hosting on a Virtual Private Server (VPS)

and then something about A, CNAME and TXT records

What I want to do (if it's not obvious from all this) is change point my domain at my hosting so I can put up visible pages

Like this post
victormcd

Likes # 0

thanks for that - I already knew what you've pasted there.
I am trying to do it myself using the paid for services of 123 - I'm a stickler for getting what I have paid for once before I go above their heads!

I've convinced myself (even if no-one else) that the Ipstag change link will appear after the 15th (ie. after the sixty day rule expires).

Thanks for the input AJM, post a link to your portfolio just in case I need a designer when I pull my wig off with Dreamweaver hassle in coming weeks!

Like this post
walesrob

Likes # 0

Thats strange, because I would often buy a .co.uk domain from 123-Reg (they seem to be the cheapest for .co.uk domains), then 24 hours later, change the Tag to another domain registrar with better DNS control, and never had a problem with the process. I've just done this on a uk domain only last week, the whole process only took a few minutes.

Like this post
walesrob

Likes # 0

Another possibility, I could be wrong, but maybe the .co.uk domain already has had the Tag changed? If the option to change IPSTAG is not showing in your 123-reg control panel, its probably already been changed. I notice that 123-reg tend to keep domains in the account long after they've been transferred away. I have to raise a support request to have them removed from my 123-Reg list of domains. If you could let us know the domain name (just the first part before the .co.uk) we could tell you for sure whats going on.

Like this post
victormcd

Likes # 0

Hi Rob and thanks for taking the time to answer my question

the domain is rapierinternet

I obviously need to do some more work on studying the whole thing but then that's the purpose of the site(s)

Thanks again

Vic

Like this post
walesrob

Likes # 0

Vic, your domain is now looked after by Heart Internet (the Tag is showing Heart internet), so you should see it in your Heart Internet control panel (If not, raise a support ticket with Heart and ask them to manually add it to your account), BUT the nameservers are still at 123-Reg, so you would now need to log into your Heart Internet account and in the control panel for your uk domain, set the nameservers to Heart. You will then have control of your domain at Heart Internet, and 123-Reg will be out of the picture altogether. Hope this helps, post back if you need any further help.

Like this post
victormcd

Likes # 0

thanks again - diolch rob

I'll now mark this thread resolved and slink back to webstoodery ;)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Gear 2 review: Classy Tizen smartwatch is too expensive

IDG UK Sites

Eight possible names for the next version of Mac OS X: What will Apple call the follow-up to Maveri?......

IDG UK Sites

Why our gadgets will kill us all: bleating notifications, too many chargers and the proliferation...

IDG UK Sites

Inside Twitter's new design and ad offerings