We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Web Design Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

help with google

andy63walsh

Likes # 0

Hi,
I need a big help, I want to get my website higher up google ranks, 1st page ? any help will do, however small. Just keep pumping me with advice, thanks

It is at click here

Like this post
Jak_1

Likes # 0

Spam, FE informed.

Like this post
andy63walsh

Likes # 0

?. This is not spam, it's my new site ???

Like this post
andy63walsh

Likes # 0

I'm working on it and neew advise and help

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

in the Webdesign forum - I'm moving it now.

Like this post
andy63walsh

Likes # 0

oh, thanks for that, i didnt know !!!!!

Like this post
Ansolan

Likes # 0

Hi andy

This may sound a little harsh but in Google terms, what you are trying to do isn't going to fly, at all.

Thousands of shopping carts appear on the web every week at present, seems to be a recession reaction but without people appreciating the complexity of the web, or the level of competition.

If you want to go ahead (I don't think this is a great use of your time) a few basic points to get in order:

You need to pick one site and 301 redirect the duplicate site to this. Having more than one identical/very similar website aimed at the same audience is technically against Google guidelines and in any event, will weaken both.

On the subject of 301 redirects, have a read through click here which will help you at least configure the site to be sure of correct indexing in one sense.

Your core need is to fill your site with unique and valuable content. This curently consists of manufacturers product data that is available in many other places. This will not interest search engines, or decent sites that might offer yours a relevant inbound link, which does help in search.

Neither should you use other people's content for core pages e.g. click here

Establishing a successful website depends on what you are trying to achieve. Just read an article on a local council website you might find useful click here Bearing in mind you would fall into their last category.

Much to learn and quite a time before you see anything come to fruition. The suggestion above to read through all the Google webmaster documentation makes sense, you might particularly like click here along with click here

Good luck if you carry on, just be aware that at least in search engine terms, you will not be seeing income through the site for a long time and the learning curve will be steep. Still worth going through if you are that way inclined.

Like this post
andy63walsh

Likes # 0

thanks for all that advice, will read through, can you look at mine and see what you think, I have to adverts with google, bot go to the same site, click here and click here

Thanks.

Like this post
andy63walsh

Likes # 0

thanks, will do, keep any ideas coming I will be so greatful.
Thanks

Like this post
andy63walsh

Likes # 0

I have another site now, if you think I can improve anything, please let me know.
click here

Like this post
Ansolan

Likes # 0

Hi

Much as before will apply and you really do need to set the site up to function in one form. Found 8 different URLs for you home page (there may be more)and 4 other URLs for a page entitled Home, which is otherwise blank.

Much the same for product repeat/overlap, even in already indexed pages such as the example click here

Google do try to filter duplication but are not always successful and in any event, much better if you control how your site is indexed and therefore which pages can be returned. You might find this a little help:

click here

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 features wishlist: the changes iPhone and iPad users want in Apple's iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

25 Years of the World Wide Web: Happy Birthday, Intenet

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features