We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Web Design Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

PHP exectution and timeouts

Bob The Nob©

Likes # 0

Hi all

I have a php ftp uploader which is basic but does the job, my problem is, that the server timesout before the file is uploaded.

I dont have access to the php.ini or the apache.conf but I can use htaccess files to define what I need. The Host OS is Debian Linux with both PHP 4 and 5 installed.

Like this post
Bob The Nob©

Likes # 0

Its certainly not a proxy. The files are about 60meg, I am aimging to get uploads of upto 200mb but this will obviously mean the execution time of the scripts needs to be higher, do you know how to change these and the timeout periods where the server just gives up in the end.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

use proxy servers, and that can cause the problems you're experiencing - is your ISP using a proxy server?

Is the file you're uploading particularly large?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Netflix to introduce price increase: New subcribers to start with

IDG UK Sites

Apple financial results: iPhones, iPads & Macs sales for Apple's Q2 2014, plus shares to split

IDG UK Sites

Twitter - not news

IDG UK Sites

See Moo Studios' new animated advert for Blue Moon beer