We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Web Design Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Strange Behaivour on Web Site

wightman

Likes # 0

Hi Guy's
Hoping some one can help me with a bizarre problem.
I designed a web site 18 months ago which has been running successfully since Goggle indexed it.
The site has achieved 12,000 hits with no complaints.

However when I transferred ownership of the site to a person who was running the organisation the site represented there seemed no problems. He was given 'Full Site Access' to allow him to add or delete as he wished.
This is where the problem occurs!...when he goes on-line to log onto the site, the Welcome(Home) page opens then when he clicks on a link to another page...it defaults back to the Welcome page?
Given that the link to the 'Login' is contained in a 'Contact Us' page which is second in the links; therefore he is unable to get into it.

I apologise for a long ramble but the facts are important. Any idea's from out amongst you guy's?
FYI I have cleared the Temp files, cleared the DNS cache, and run every type of Anti-virus; Malware programs by the bucket load.

Hoping
cheers.

Like this post
wightman

Likes # 0

Hi Guy's

I forgot to add that I can access the site and all the links respond as should from my machine.
Several friends have carried out the same 'look' and the result is that the site and all its links work. My only avenue open is whether his Router is the cause? Any thought?
Cheers

Like this post
wightman

Likes # 0

Hi Guy's
Forum Member 'asks whether the 'Temp' File has been cleared?'
By invite I accessed the new owners PC and using the RUN program contained in the Win Start.
By typing in Temp and Enter...folder opened to give access to Temp Files. All highlighted and deleted.
Again using RUN type in...%Temp% and delete all files in folder.
Next using RUN type in...Prefetch and delete all files in folder.
Then using CMD as Administrator, I typed in
ipconfig /flushDNS Enter.
Following which I Rebooted.

Opening the Firefox Browser I typed in the following...

click here

The site opened at the 'Welcome Page' but would not action the links to other pages on the same site !! I am assuming these links are on the Page Headers?

Let me stress that when going back to use MY OWN PC I was able to gain full access, login and receive 'Editing Rights'

FYI I used a WYSIWYG web Design system, the clue is in the sub-domain.

This is beyond my reach, any one give me a hand?
Grovelling please.
Cheers

Like this post
wightman

Likes # 0

'fourm member'
Thanks for your response;
Regarding Javascript being turned back on; the question then arises what happens if this 'fix' fails to solve the problem?

You mention fixing the site so it renders correctly without Javascript; This is where my knowledge reaches the end of its limit !! Would it be possible for you to assist me in this area and give me a direction where to achieve this fix? Bit of a cheek I appreciate, Hoping for assistance.

regards :)

Like this post
wightman

Likes # 0

Hi fourm member

Thank you for your assistance, its great when people such as yourself help others out with their problems.

regards

Post Resolved.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon 3D smartphone release date, price and spec: The hologram phone?

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 5s review: why the iPhone 5s is still the best phone you can buy in 2014

IDG UK Sites

Passwords don't work: here's four ways to fix them

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features