We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Web Design Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Some Design not showing in Dreamweaver

griffo

Likes # 0

I am using DW CS3 and have been working on many pages to update our website. However, I have come across one page which, when opened in either 'split' or 'design' view, only shows the top part of the page - the rest of the design isn't showing.

Can anyone suggest a remedy please?

Like this post
Kemistri

Likes # 0

Two caveats first: I don't use DW and I can't see your mark up.

But I guess that there is a major error somewhere in the mark up that corresponds to the point at which the content goes MIA. Have a go at validating it.

Like this post
griffo

Likes # 0

Thanks for the reply.

I have tried a validation and it's awful - 172 errors and 12 warnings!

I'm happy to work on this to try to put it right but it would be so much easier (I think), if I could at least fix enough to get the design to appear in DW.

I presume that, if I can correct the 'vital bits' in DW, the design should then appear?

Like this post
Kemistri

Likes # 0

Without seeing the validation report, I can't comment specifically, but you should find that many of its reported errors are a result of one simple error in the mark up itself, such as: a tag that has not been closed; a missing tag; a missing DTD (doctype declaration); etc.

Like this post
ethelbert

Likes # 0

If this ever happens to me, I take out the content minus the <divs> and put this into Notepad, and then delete the offending page. I then make a new page and add the content - if you are using dwt, I then validate the page before adding the dwt.

Ethel

Like this post
griffo

Likes # 0

That sounds like a plan - thanks (quite a lot of content though).

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch release date, price and specs: Hands-on and pictures

IDG UK Sites

How to improve iPhone battery life, what to do if your iPhone battery is running low

IDG UK Sites

Twitter - not news

IDG UK Sites

Fun film festival trailer plays with classic movie scenes