We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Advice needed with Frontpage 2002 again please

STEVE71163

Likes # 0

I have just purchased 35mb of webspace and a domain name this afternoon from click here . It is their value host pro package. Is this ok with Frontpage 2002? Is their anything else i need?

Like this post
Taran

Likes # 0

It doesn't actually say which version they support on their site. You should email them and ask which version(s) of FrontPage they support and if they don't offer version 2002 ask how much it would be as an extra to have this feature. It isn't normally very expensive to have them as an optional upgrade.

It is a little disappointing to see such ambiguous marketing though. Offering FrontPage server extensions is all well and good but I wish hosts would all make a point of displaying which versions they do or do not natively support and which they will support for an added fee. It would avoid a lot of confusion for those starting out in web design.

just email them with your account details and ask whether you can use FrontPage 2002.

Regards

Taran

Like this post
STEVE71163

Likes # 0

Thanks Taran. I have e-mailed them so hopefully they do support 2002 otherwise they are advertising something that is not true and should make the site clearer.

Like this post
STEVE71163

Likes # 0

I have now recieved a reply-

Our extensions are Frontpage 2000 however you will be able to upload and use most features of 2002 also.

Does this sound ok?

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

but you may find that the odd FP 2002 feature doesn't work - offhand I can't think of any.

It might be worth asking if they'll install the latest version for you - they don't cost anything, and take little time/effort to install.

Like this post
STEVE71163

Likes # 0

Here is another e mail from them-

Some advanced features of 2002 won't work (features added in 2002 following 2000) as we only have 2000 extensions however you'll be able to publish pretty much everything without any problems at all.

So hopefully i will be ok??

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Publish your site and see what happens.

Like this post
STEVE71163

Likes # 0

I have just put a photograph on my home page and it will not let me put text around it. What am i doing wrong??

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

how you want the image to behave.

Right click on your image and select 'picture properties'. When the dialogue opens select the 'appearance' tab and specify the wrapping style you want. Increase the 'horizontal spacing' and 'vertical spacing' figures to make the text separate from the image edge so that it doesn't jam right up tight to it. The higher the figure the bigger the gap between text and image.

As with all things to do with web design software - experiment. Watch what happens when you change things, and remember to use the 'preview' option to see what your changes will look like on the web.

Like this post
STEVE71163

Likes # 0

What i meant to say is that the text will go above and below the picture but not next to it.

Like this post
STEVE71163

Likes # 0

I have worked that out. On to the next bit :0)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback