We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Links in my site

steven_frost

Likes # 0

as most of you are aware i have been working on a site using FP2000.

i have one problem with my site i want to be able to display all the links but say on miss herne bay i want it to display the sub links IE the two princess

A, how do i do it
B, will i need to redo the site

also if FE is about his help would be great

Like this post
steven_frost

Likes # 0

i keep on forgetting to add the link click here

thanks to all of you who have help and the end result should be done in about a week if all the information is forwarded to me

Like this post
slowhand_1000

Likes # 0

Just looking at the site and this is only my personal view. I do think that it would be better if you had links to all main pages (like on your home page) on each page. It saves the visitor having to go back to Home page and then onto another section.

Regarding the sublinks, am I right in thinking that when your visitors click on 'Miss Herne Bay' link you want that page to have seperate links for 'Princess 1' and 'Princess 2' links you have there ?

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

now that you've applied a more appropriate theme.

If you want your navigation buttons to appear on each page (and I suggest that you do), you'll need to add the pages to the navigation structure.

Go to 'View' and select 'Navigation'. That'll open a view of the site showing the structure, and you'll probably just see the icon for 'Home'. Drag your pages from the folder view into the navigation view one by one. You'll see lines appear, linking the page to the home page. Make sure that all the pages are in a horizontal line under your homepage - all of them linking directly to it.

I have a few more comments, but I'm rushed off my feet at the moment. I'll try to revisit your thread later tonight, when the forum settles down a bit.

Like this post

Likes # 0

hi there

i see you want to make some more links

Now you could make your links look better than that in front page

i know you are on the learning curve here, but bear with me

In Front page there is an icon at the top that looks like a piece of paper with a cog on it. Click on that and then select "interactive button", select ok and then look down the list for which button you want to use.

next select the text then add the hyperlink below it. ie. http:// www . btinternet. com/ ~steven_frost / index.htm is your home page

i would avoid using spaces and capitals

site looking good though

Like this post
steven_frost

Likes # 0

ok i've changed the Linking to the pages would like to hear any other comments

Like this post

Likes # 0

Like this post

Likes # 0

the webmaster link takes you back to the btopenworld site as well

Like this post
steven_frost

Likes # 0

the email links are not yet up and running due to the fact that the site in under testing so i am using my own bt account to host it till the site is fully up and running then it will be going on to its on server

Like this post
steven_frost

Likes # 0

the reason for two princess is the fact in a carnival court you have one queen and two princess so each girl will be getting her own page to the reason for two princess

Like this post
steven_frost

Likes # 0

THanks to all who have helped but now seem to have stalled some what on ideas on how to improve the site.

I never knew how hard it is to create a site that reflected some thing that is already one of the best carnivals about in kent

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPad mini 3 vs iPad mini 2 comparison: New iPad mini 3 isn't worth £80 more

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...