We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

TROUBLE WITH FORMS IN FRONTPAGE

SolvaCollective

Likes # 0

Hi can anyone help.

Ive set up a form for my set as far as i know everything is correct. But when I go to test it instead of e-mailing the results it just opens up the write e-mail box in my isp with my email address in the send to box. Also the reset button isnt working help?

Like this post
slowhand_1000

Likes # 0

That sounds right regarding the email, don't forget that the end user will have the same thing happen. Their email client should open and your email address will be in the 'send to' box.

With the reset button, is the button within the boundary of the form and not outside it ?

If you highlight the button, then view the html code, it should look like this

<input type="reset" name="Reset" value="Reset">

I can't tell you how to navigate to view the html code in Frontpage because I use Dreamweaver. But I would imagine it is in your view options.

By the way did you get the border sorted out ?

Like this post
SolvaCollective

Likes # 0

But the forms work, are they fill in the fields of the form then send it. Then I should get the results in an email. Obviously I was just creating a link to my email address for them to send email that would be fine but as its like an actually questionare I need to have the results to my email account. Hope Ive made it a bit more understandable now. Thanks

Like this post
SolvaCollective

Likes # 0

PS As for the border (thanks for asking)all i did was just expand the area that the border would cover in my paint application and used it there. So the image has just been expanded. It takes more space in the browser but still works.

Like this post
tbh72

Likes # 0

If you look at the HTML code, you will notice a line which look's / starts like this......

<form method="post" enctype="text/pla........

You need to change this code to look like this replacing EMAIL with your actual email address.

<form method="post" enctype="text/plain" action="mailto:EMAIL">

This when then forward the content of the form to your email address.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

(in blank space, not one of the fields) and select 'form properties'. When the dialogue opens you'll see that you can specify what happens to the form results. You can choose to have them sent to you by email in addition to the FP default - which is to store the results in a special file on the server.

Take a good look through the options and ensure that you've specified your requirements correctly. When you've made your alterations, upload the changes to the server and then try the form ON THE SERVER - not on the copy you have on your hard drive. My reason for saying this is that you probably don't have the FrontPage extensions installed on your computer, and the form will not work without them.

Like this post
SolvaCollective

Likes # 0

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

what I suggested last night?

Do that before you start altering any HTML. If you follow my suggestion you'll be able to specify a whole raft of options for form results.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia