We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

To use Java or Flash?

powerless1

Likes # 0

Currenly having a go with "1 cool Menu FX Tool" to create a Menu for a webpage.

Easy to use, but when you start to finish the menu it gives you a choice of saving (and then using) the menu as JAVA or FLASH.

Whats the prefered format?

Any advantages uses flash or java?

Have actually inserted it into a webpage and it works.

But before i finalise it, java or flash?

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

it doesn't particularly matter, so choose either.

Things to bear in mind:

1. Java is a 'language' Flash is a software product.

2. Java is object oriented, Flash isn't.

Web designers like Flash because they can design Flash animations themselves, whereas most of them can't write Java - therefore you see tens of thousands of Java applets which have been written by third parties and made available as downloads for use on websites.

The Java versus Flash argument has been going on for years - certainly since I really got involved in web design, and that was in 1996. Everyone has their point of view, and the best way I can sum it up is by saying that Java is probably better, but Flash is much easier.

Like this post
powerless1

Likes # 0

After some thought i've decided to use just simple worded hyperlinks.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, price, specs and new features: Invite confirms 9 September launch

IDG UK Sites

Nostalgia time: Top 10 best selling mobile phones in history

IDG UK Sites

How Ford designs next-generation cars at its Melbourne Design Centre

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, rumours, video, UK price & images: iPhone launch event confirmed for 9...