We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

WEB PAGE DESIGN DILLEMA

SolvaCollective

Likes # 0

Hi there. Iam creating a website using frontpage.
For site, its pages has a uniform design. Which is a border i've designed in Paint. I set this border as abackground picture on every page and everything was fine. Until I veiwed the page in a browser. The border reapeats itself When you move across the page. It just seems that as the page is bigger within my browser than what it is in frontpage it just repeats. Its such a silly problem surely theres away of stopping this.

Please please help me.

Thanks all

Like this post
tbh72

Likes # 0

Have you considered placing you picture as a background within a table.

If you want the website to be viewable by all browsers from 800*600 & upwards set the table width to no more than say 750 pixels.

To insert the image as a background file, I would right click in the table and select table properties, then click on the style button "buttom left" of the new dialog box which pops up, select the borders option from the list & then select the shading tab. The bottom section of this dialog will allow you to specify the image location & how it's displayed eg, centre with no repeat etc.....

Post back if you have problems

Like this post
SolvaCollective

Likes # 0

Great Idea thanks. But now theres another problem.

Once Ive inserted the image into the table ive found that the image is somewhat smaller than the screen. Is it not possible to stretch out the picture so it extends as long as the page scrolls for.

Thanks all

Like this post
tbh72

Likes # 0

Idealistically if you have correctly entered the height & width of the table the page should NOT scroll, which means your site would be designed with more than one page based on the one template file that you created. Using navigation hyperlinks to move between pages.

Like this post
SolvaCollective

Likes # 0

The scrolling isnt a problem. As it lets me put however much or little on the page rather than having similar information on spread onto different pages. The problem is that as you go down the page the image i inserted stops. Is the a way that the image and just extend with the page. Without repeating. The image isnt a picture its just a border I created for every page on the site. Thanks

Like this post
slowhand_1000

Likes # 0

Is the border you have created like a picture frame, or is it a border just down one side.

Like this post
SolvaCollective

Likes # 0

I have a border down the side and across the top

Like this post
Taran

Likes # 0

click here

It tells you roughly how to go about page borders and has some download samples for you to look at.

If you view the source code of the page the above link points to you will get a rough idea of how it all goes together.

Like this post
slowhand_1000

Likes # 0

Nice link Taran. Confirms what I was going to suggest knowing now what the border is like.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

Watch this heartwarming Christmas short by Trunk for composer John Rutter

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad