We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Rate this site

timber

Likes # 0

would appreciate any comments and ideas

click here

timber

Like this post
Pesala

Likes # 0

Nice background, cannot read the text on red backgrounds. None of the links work, and the email address is not active.

Like this post
timber

Likes # 0

Pesala
Thanks for your comments.
Have changed the background colour and linked the email but there are no other links,do you think that I should get rid of the underlining where applicable.
This was done on Front Page bur not to keen on the spacing between lines any ideas on how to make it a bit more compact.

timber

Like this post
Falkyrn

Likes # 0

A couple of suggestions .. hope I don't cause offence

Could I suggest that rather than having a long list you consider using a table to seperate the information into perhaps 2 columns to give a more readable look. I would also consider using left justification of the text rather than centering everything.

The Logo on the top left seems to be a gif image with the background set as transparent ..the only problem is that much of the logo appears to be a similar colour and is also transparent allowing the background to show through and ruining the image.

Like this post
timber

Likes # 0

Falkyrn

Can assure you that no offence will be taken at all as this is my first go at doing a web site so will always be open to any suggestions.See your point about using columns but can,t think of another way of doing the logo as it was a jpeg which I converted,had read somewhere it was better to have gif on web sites?????

thanks for your input

timber

Like this post
Pesala

Likes # 0

I would remove all of the background colours, and limit the number of colours used for fonts to Blue and Black.

A LOT of wasted space could be saved by reformatting. The spacing between lines is not too much. Use Text Size rather than CAPITALS to distinguish headings from subheadings. The address could be formatted in a single block:

<B>Contact:<b> 74 High Street, Monifieth, Angus DD5 4AG

<B>Tel :</b> 01382 534526

<B>Link:</b> RBLS Scotland

<B><Size=5>BINGO</b></size>

Monday • Wednesday • Saturday

If there are no links, there should be no underlining. When people see underlining they expect it to be a link. Links are useful to show more details on a separate page, and help you to limit the amount of detail you try to cram onto the Home Page.

Like this post
Pesala

Likes # 0

I hope that you have a good quality original, but a better copy can be found here click here The colours are less washed out. The best format to use is GIF because you want to have transparency. PNG format is also possible, then you can have 24-bit colour plus transparency.

Somehow the transparency has spoiled the image. The image has also dropped lower than the one on the right. They should be more or less the same vertical position. Align centre vertically.

Like this post
timber

Likes # 0

Pesala

thanks again have now got plenty to keep me going for the time being so will close thread down for now but may be back later.
thanks all

timber

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: 30 September marked for unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Netflix whips up 3D VR viewing room for Oculus Rift during company hack day

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014