We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

My computer keeps freezing during gaming

Sonyboy123

Likes # 0

Hello. When I play computer games my computer just freezes. It remains turned on and the sound is playing like a bees buzzing. It happens only when playing. My computer is 1 year old and it could run crysis 3 at normal when we just bought it. This problem started to occur this summer and i was sure it was overheat. But now, when it is cold and i usually sit in a coat when playing, it still freezes. I have to push reset button to make it response again. I have used the advanced system care and there are no viruses. Please, I really want to play games like i could in the past

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

It sounds as your CPU is overheating. You will need to carefully clean out the dust in the case, especially around the cooling fins for the CPU. I use a small artist's brush and hold a vacuum cleaner nozzle near by. Just need to be careful.

Like this post
nickf

Likes # 0

Could be GPU or PSU . Try benchtesting the GPU and compare with other results for the same card .What GPU are you using ?

Like this post
Sonyboy123

Likes # 0

I do not think it is overheating because i just cleaned my pc inside and fans, the room is cold and it is no hot around the fans when computer freezes

Like this post
Sonyboy123

Likes # 0

i am sorry but what is GPU and PSU?

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

GPU is the graphics card. PSU is the power supply unit. If you've juat cleaned the insides, use something like Core Temp just to monitor the CPU temps. It could be thermal paste problems. If it could be the PSU then check event viewer, once opened click 'Event viewer (local)' top left, under 'summary of admin events' expand any Critical faults then double click and see the description you get under the Gerneral tab. That might give a clue. Also check device manager for errors.

Like this post
nickf

Likes # 0

Sorry about that , been writing about computers all day , got into habit of abbreviating everything . You can go to futuremarks web page and download there free test software. Do you know what graphics card you are using ?

Like this post
Sonyboy123

Likes # 0

my core temps are around 40 degrees C.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

When playing games or idle? My idle temp is 32. Check event viewer and device manager.

Like this post
Sonyboy123

Likes # 0

where can i get my graphics card info?

Like this post
Sonyboy123

Likes # 0

When playing its 40 degrees. I just tried to play dead island....I could run it on max with no lags and freezes in the past....now all set to low and computer freezing....

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch review: Android Wear smartwatch is the best around, so far

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

BBC using Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games to trial 4K/UHD, pan-around video, augmented video and...