We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Heads Up. email Voicemail Message zip attachment VIRUS

lotvic
Resolved

Likes # 0

Be aware of new Voicemail Message - Virus that comes in email attachment message.zip message.wav.exe

Yahoo filtered the email as Bulk, on my pc Avast stripped the virus attachment out. So if you don't have Avast Mail Shield be on your guard and don't open the voicemail message .zip

techhelplist.com report on the virus click here

virustotal.com report on what other antivirus programs detect it as click here

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

And watch out if you use Skype click here

"The links from the bogus voicemail service notifications point to the genuine Skype website. However, according to MX Lab experts, the file that’s attached to them, SkypeVoiceMessage-7776C24212.zip, hides a double extension .wav.exe file that’s actually a variant of the notorious ZeuS Trojan"

"The threat is designed to steal sensitive information from infected systems, so if you come across these emails, be sure to delete them immediately. If you’re a victim of this attack, regularly scan your computer with an updated antivirus solution."

And Cisco are warning about it too click here

Like this post  
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Thanks for the heads up. Getting to be a minefield!

Like this post
AroundAgain

Likes # 0

Thanks for the warning

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I received that one yesterday and it nearly caught me out. However Norton stopped me making a fool of myself and stepped in and quarantined it. It purported to come from Skype.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia