We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

2 DVD drive missing

pinballmad

Likes # 0

I have tried everything to get the driver back I never receive any disk from when i bought it from PC World they change the mother board they might have not put the dvd drive disk also i notice that they are three nevia driver in so again i dont know with nevia chip they put in if any1 can help me know what code 39 is to get both dvd drive writer back e and f are CD rive missing if any1 can help me out i try everything i miss playing game it window XP PC medium driver from both dvd writer say -rw - r driver they dont work unless rw+ r+ the driver in both e and f are e: dvdrw drw-651651s and F: philp dvd8801 F drive on dvd drive Liteon i am look for technication other than pc world engine or pc world world ware house the dvd r part of the insure if they forgot toput the chip in new mother board they broke there own insursuce it there fault fradtrade will be inform am happy to pay £30 for pc technician to comeout in merseyside but not from pc world,curry,warehouse 4 2nd opinion no repair will be done use my email address if you intrest but £30 is all i will pay for some1 to look at the inside computer no repair if pc world broke my insure i deal with them myself

Like this post
Lazarus The 2nd

Likes # 0

Your CD drive or DVD drive is missing or is not recognized by Windows or other programs Click here

Scroll down to Resolution, Click the Circled Plus sign to the left of Method 2: Use the CD-DVD Fix it troubleshooter

Just Below Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP, Click the Blue Oblong with The White Text Run now, Save the File MicrosoftFixit.dvd.MATSKB.Run.exe to your Desktop, Go to your Desktop, Find the Downloaded File and Double click Left Mouse Button MicrosoftFixit.dvd.MATSKB.Run.exe and let do it's work.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

No CD/DVD or CD-ROM access is missing error Code 19, Code 31, Code 32, Code 39, or Code 41 Try this if the optical drives are not appearing in My Computer or Device Manager. (This is sometimes caused by the removal of Roxio or other writing software.)

click here XP_CD-DVD-Fix.zip and save this file to your hard drive. Navigate to where you saved it and double click the file to extract the contents. Locate the EXE file you extracted and double click it. A confirmation dialog will appear when the script is done. You may need to reboot for the change to take effect. This utility is only intended for Windows® XP, but also appears to work for Vista and Windows 7. You may need Administrator level access to use this utility. If you do not have Administrator level access, the program will say it is finished, but will not have made any changes.

Similar fixes click here works for W7 Vista or XP click here manual fix Run regedit and navigate to registry key HKEYLOCALMACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\ {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}. Highlight it and in the right pane, find the Upperfilters and Lowerfilters values. Highlight each one in turn, right click and delete them. Close regedit and restart the computer. If in doubt make a restore point before making changes.

Download or

Like this post
pinballmad

Likes # 0

unfotunly i try averything above nothing seem to work i try get msinfo32 clickking on cd drive came blank try safeboot that did not load either pc world world block administion no disk to fix the drive i miss not have cd rom to install they forgot to hide it i dont think they insure is crap when buying it from pc world they are 100% the worst technices that who every does might had forgot the chip in the mother board for CD Driver E and F drive if they have they broke their own insurance i deal with the warehouse and fair strade standard so now i definely want a north west techiniching for £40 to come and see how bad pc world insure is they can contact me by email or txt me on 07583741722 i just want a 2nd opinion thank for the other two applies the promblem not yet been solve yet and the safe boot dont work either what a worst technicion it my fault it their fault they never improve it they completely destroy this time by not hide c:drive it should be hide becasue it use systment files they shoud know to hide it

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback