We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How do you 'enable' FlashPlayer in Google Chrome?.

spuds
Resolved

Likes # 0

Apparently trying to view a video using Google Chrome, I am being advised that FlashPlayer as been 'disabled', so the video cannot be displayed.

Going through various procedures, I cannot find the correct method for 'enabling' FlashPlayer to play on Google Chrome. This was after checking a few links provided by the original error message, on how to resolve this problem.

Anyone with any suggestions or ideas?.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Like this post
Batch

Likes # 0

You shouldn't really need to enable Flash in Chrome as it should be on by default (but not on Android devices - that's a whole different ball park).

Also you do not need to download a Flash plugin (e.g. from Adobe) as Chrome has a built in Flash plugin that is installed and updated automatically. It is known as PepperFlash. As far as I know it is from Adobe but just bundled with Chrome and tends to get updated more quickly (when there's an issue) than Adobe's own version. In fact it wouldn't surprise me if the reason for many Chrome updates is down to the Flash element needing updating (thanks a lot Adobe).

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Thanks guys, all very much appreciated.

I have used the link Woolwell provided, and indeed FlashPlayer had been disabled, which I seem to now recall, I did due to another problem a few months ago (probably something to do with java?).

I haven't been able to test if enabling Flashplayer, as resolved the previous problem, but I will over time.

Thanks again, will now green tick.

Like this post  
spuds

Likes # 0

Perhaps now worth a mention that I have noticed that Google Chrome appears to have got a little slower and less responsive since enabling FlashPlayer, so it looks like it might be something that needs watching more, for future correction or adjustment.

I have also noticed that on some websites, FlashPlayer now gives the option, via a yellow pop-up, of using FlashPlayer on that website either on a full time or part time one-off basis.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Microsoft teases new OS ahead of 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

From the iPhone 6 to the iWatch and a new Apple TV we look at the products Apple is set to launch...

IDG UK Sites

September 2014 creative trends: 5 things you must see

IDG UK Sites

What to expect from Apple in autumn/winter 2014: iPhone 6, iPhone Air, iWatch, iPad 6, new Apple...