We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

hp update error code 80070490

rocketbob

Likes # 0

I have got error code 80070490 hp-imaging-nullprint-hp imaging 5520 update wont install. How do I rectify this issue.i am running windows 8.1/exp 11/Kaspersky 2014 security on acer aspire v5 laptop

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

If you receive Update error 80070490, it means that a file (CBS Manifest) that's needed to install updates is corrupt.

Run the System Update Readiness Tool, follow these steps:

Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search. (If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, and then click Search.)

Type command prompt in the search box.

In the list of results, swipe down on or right-click Command Prompt, and then tap or click Run as administrator.

In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands exactly as they appear. Press the Enter key after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type Exit, and then press Enter.

Run Update again.

Like this post
rocketbob

Likes # 0

typed in your info and got error 87.

the online/cleanup-image/scanhealth option is unknown, for more information, refer to the help by running DISM.exe/?. the DISM log file can be at c:\WINDOWS\LOGS\DISM\dism.log C:\WINDOWS\system32> I was not sure what to do. thanks fruit bat

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

did you put the spaces in?

Like this post
rocketbob

Likes # 0

hi fruit bat I missed the spaces out, just run cleanup-image said all ok, run update and it still failed to instore

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

tired installing in safemode or with antivirus switched off?

Like this post
rocketbob

Likes # 0

I switched off my antivirus. run update but still would not install. so I got in touch with hp support and they said its a issue with windows 8.1 update for a driver which is not a genuine HP DRIVER. they told me to ignore it and do not try to install it,The only thing now is to find out how to get Microsoft to stop asking for the update

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

iPhone buying advice: Should I buy an iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, or iPhone 5c, or wait for7......